Ranking On Roster Defenseman #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Pretty obvious choice for no.1, as Andy Greene as been the backbone of the defense for a few seasons now and hopefully will be for the next few seasons as well.

Moving on to no.2 d-man

Current List:
1. Greene

I would include Helgeson in the next poll, especially if you have Gormley and Auvitu there. Helgeson is also on a one-way deal so he likely has the upper hand over those two for a spot anyways.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Voted Severson. Think he's going to have a strong year, but I could also see voting Lovejoy here, because I believe Lovejoy is an underrated, shrewd signing.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Voted Severson. Think he's going to have a strong year, but I could also see voting Lovejoy here, because I believe Lovejoy is an underrated, shrewd signing.

Looks like Severson is running away with it - thought Lovejoy would at least get a few votes.

If the Devils are to be successful this season, Severson needs to step up and be a #2 defenseman.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Looks like Severson is running away with it - thought Lovejoy would at least get a few votes.

If the Devils are to be successful this season, Severson needs to step up and be a #2 defenseman.

Severson will need to take a step forward this year (but I believe that's going to happen and that he's capable of it, and I don't think he had as rough a season as some around here portray) but I also believe that Lovejoy is flying under the radar and that's why he's not getting many votes. Lovejoy will be an important part of this team--the sort of veteran defenseman we needed especially after trading Larsson (not that he's Larsson's equal, but that we needed a stay-at-home, solid defenseman to fill in some of the hole left by Larsson)--and we'll be very grateful to have him. We'll need strong seasons from Andy, Severson, and Lovejoy to be a successful team.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I would include Helgeson in the next poll, especially if you have Gormley and Auvitu there. Helgeson is also on a one-way deal so he likely has the upper hand over those two for a spot anyways.

I'm really hoping he played himself out of a spot like Warsofsky obviously did. The guy is terrible.

I seriously would take Peter Harrold over him more times than not.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I'm really hoping he played himself out of a spot like Warsofsky obviously did. The guy is terrible.

I seriously would take Peter Harrold over him more times than not.

Not arguing with you there.

But in a poll of roster defensemen, he has to be up there especially if you have Auvitu and Gormley in the poll.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not arguing with you there.

But in a poll of roster defensemen, he has to be up there especially if you have Auvitu and Gormley in the poll.

I don't disagree with you, I think if Gormley is in the poll, Helgeson probably should be too. Auvitu as well. Though we've never seen Auvitu play at the North American level at all.

We've seen Helgeson and Gormley and it isn't pretty.

As I said the other day, both those guys have a BAD credit score with me, whereas Auvitu doesn't have any credit at all, which isn't as bad as having bad credit. And with that said, I will be voting those two last in this poll. I think I'd still vote Merrill and Moore ahead of Auvitu as of now, just because we don't know enough about him.

Merrill and Moore can both be an eyesore at times, but I think they're at least #6 NHL defensemen. I have a hard time being convinced that Moore is the worst defenseman in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad