Ranking On Roster Defenseman #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanteDevilsHockey

Jun 21, 2016
North Jersey
So we wrapped up the forward rankings earlier today and now it's time to move on to the teams biggest question mark approaching the 2016-2017 season, the defense. Throughout most of the Lou-era the Devils were known as the most defensive team in the league or at least close to it. It was never quite a concern but since the departure of Larsson opportunity is knocking for some youth in the system or a trade. But for now we'll stick with what we have while rankings the Devils defensemen.

***In this poll I'm including players that IMO have a pretty good chance at cracking the lineup or playing signifigant time this season***

Guys, this will work just like the forward rankings poll

Now I'll put the question in all caps because in the forward polls some were confused on the question to answer.

Poll Question: BASED ON THE PLAYERS GIVEN IN THE POLL WHO WILL BE THE MOST EFFECTIVE DEFENSEMAN FOR THE DEVILS THIS SEASON.

Now for defenseman, as most of you are aware it's not necessarily about point production, but the smaller things that are done. Larsson for example, was a guy who made a difference off the stat sheet if that makes sense. +/- is probably the most popular way to look at a defenseman's play while on the ice

Let's get to the rankings

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If you're going to include Gormley and Auvitu, then you have to include Helgeson and Mozik. At the very least, you have to include Helgeson.

They're all in the same tier essentially.

On a side note, I think this is going to be quite easy to predict.

1. Greene (unequivocally)
2. Severson (could be Lovejoy but I doubt the new guy eclipses the drafted and developed product on here)
3. Lovejoy
4. Moore (unfortunately, Santini might get the edge with how this board loves prospects)
5. Santini
6. Merrill
7. whoever

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Where is the OMG option? Guess I'll go with Waiver Wire. Or maybe Corey Murphy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Auvitu and Gormley are options but not Helgeson?:sarcasm:

It's gotta be Greene though.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Went out on the Jim Limb with Sev's.

If you get a big step up from Sev's, and (I hate to say it) a step back due to age from Greene, this is totally kind of possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad