Ranking NHL Teams By Defencemen

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Pietrangelo, Parayko, Faulk, Dunn, Scandella, and Gunnarsson. Name a better D core.
Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce, Skjei, Vatanen, Gardiner, Edmunson, Bean, Fleury, Van Riemsdyk

No one comes close to the depth of Carolina. Even in terms of talent, they can match up with the best.

Arguably six top 4 d-men, and a couple more with that potential. They have offensive guys, defensive guys, two way guys, yeah.... they're easily the best.

Reactions: JBeast

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Carolina, especially if Hamilton is back. Pretty ridiculous skill and depth

Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce, Skjei, Vatanen, Gardiner, Edmunson, Bean, Fleury, Van Riemsdyk

No one comes close to the depth of Carolina. Even in terms of talent, they can match up with the best.

Arguably six top 4 d-men, and a couple more with that potential. They have offensive guys, defensive guys, two way guys, yeah.... they're easily the best.

I’d take Carolina and Nashville’s before quite easily. Would also rather have MN’s top 4

Pietrangelo>Slavin
Parayko>Hamilton
Faulk=Pesce
Scandella<Skjei
Dunn<Vatanen
Gunnarsson>Edmundson

And there is literally no GM that would take Minnesota's D core over STL's...:help:

Last edited:

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Pietrangelo>Slavin
Parayko>Hamilton
Faulk=Pesce
Scandella<Skjei
Dunn<Vatanen
Gunnarsson>Edmundson

And there is literally no GM that would take Minnesota's D core over STL's...:help:

Feel like it makes more sense to swap the first two Hurricanes D listed. Also, the comparison of Pesce and Faulk seems silly, though I’d yield to a Canes fan.

You’ve also forgotten Fleury and van Riemsdyk

Last edited:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
lol how Leafs Sabres and maybe even the Flyers ahead of Jackets.
I think a year from now in no order... Tampa, Canes and Jackets, Boston after that we will have Blues and Sharks maybe than I think Flyers and Flames and Predators. I am not 100% about Sharks I see a lot of cool famous names but I think it is a bit over the hill now

Last edited:

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Pietrangelo>Slavin
Parayko>Hamilton
Faulk=Pesce
Scandella<Skjei
Dunn<Vatanen
Gunnarsson>Edmundson

I can agree with the first two, but Faulk=Pesce is borderline ridiculous.

Reactions: Macheteops

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I think having SJS at #1 and TML at #7 is crazy. Sharks finished bottom of the league last year and TML have Ceci in their top four.

Cheeks Clapinski

Sep 26, 2017
Ceci won't be on the top pair LOL

I think we want to see if we can get more out of him, but that trade was about moving other pieces.

I think the top 4 will be Morgan, Barrie, Muzzin, Dermott (when healthy)

After that I see Teemu Kivihalme in the bottom pairing (underrated move) and hopefully Lilly makes the jump in camp.

Sandin is the wildcard, I think the kid is DYNAMITE and maybe he gets a look on that bottom pairing to start the season instead.

This aged well

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Faulk=Pesce
tenor.gif

Reactions: MinJaBen

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Pietrangelo>Slavin
Parayko>Hamilton
Faulk=Pesce
Scandella<Skjei
Dunn<Vatanen
Gunnarsson>Edmundson

Slavin => Pietrangelo - The NHL fanbase is finally waking up to just how good this guy is.
Pesce>>>>>Faulk - stating Faulk is equal is a flat out ignorant post.
Hamilton=> Parayko - completely different players, but it would be suspect to put Parayko above Dougie.

Canes also have Fleury, who is finally growing into a solid middle pair NHLer. Jake Bean, 22 years old, AHL D of the year. TVR, Skjei, Vatanan.
They are, objectively, a better group than St. Louis

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3