Prospect Info: Ranking habs prospects: #11

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ranking habs prospects: #11

Quote:
A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.
An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.
Feel free to suggest a name to go up:

Staum, Casey
Henrikson, Arvid
Eisenschmid, Markus
Waked, Antoine
Grégoire, Jérémy
Parisi, Tom
Pezzetta, Michael
Koberstein, Nikolas

Results:
1. Noah Juulsen
2. Victor Mete
3. Charlie Lindgren
4. Charles Hudon
5. Ryan Poehling
6. Nikita Scherbak
7. Joni Ikonen
8. Michael McCarron
9. Michael McNiven
10. Jacob De La Rose

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Evans for the 4th time. Add Waked.

Evans is getting underrated big time.

I guess it's the Kristo backlash at NCAA prospects.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Reway for the 3rd straight poll. Sky is the limit.

I hear you. Reway is 9th in my ranking. Evans is 8th.

EDIT: Evans was #15 last year. With his progression, I'm wondering how he is only #11 (if he holds up in this poll). Reway could be higher if not for his career threatening disease. If he's 100%, I wouldn't be surprised if he sees some NHL games this year.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I voted Reway, simply because he has the most offensive upside of most of the prospects. Whether he can translate his game to the NHL level is the arguable point.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'm still not sure Reway can play professional hockey in North America; he lost a complete year and he's still on meds.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm still not sure Reway can play professional hockey in North America; he lost a complete year and he's still on meds.

there hasn't been any update since May, but last we heard it was said by his agent he plans on being at training camp. We don't know if there have been any setbacks though.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
there hasn't been any update since May, but last we heard it was said by his agent he plans on being at training camp. We don't know if there have been any setbacks though.

In the Timmins Twitter Q&A he said he's still on meds but he's training and he plans to be at the rookie camp.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In the Timmins Twitter Q&A he said he's still on meds but he's training and he plans to be at the rookie camp.

thanks, I saw the recent pic of him playing street hockey i believe. He looked healthy and until I hear otherwise I expect him to be at camp. I fully expect a huge year from him even with missing a season.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think a lot of people are underestimating Reways skillset.

There is a big question mark as to if he will ever be at a pro level ever again after last year troubles. There's also a lot of questions about his defensive game.

He's 9th on my list, right behind Evans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad