Ranking Defenseman #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I see a lot of posts around here saying that Suter/Brodin/Scandella/Spurgeon have all been top 2 defensemen on the team. I created a poll to determine the ranking of our own defensemen. After each day has passed I'll update.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
In terms of current ability, I actually like Scandella better than Brodin. But I have zero doubt Brodin will surpass him very soon, this upcoming season or the next.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Scandella. Most D-zone starts in the team against highest quality of competition opponents.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Scandella - Suter - Brodin - Spurgeon - Dumba - Leopold - Folin - Prosser

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im "concerned" both suter & brodin dropped in goals from 8 down to 2 & 3. i look at our group as a whole rather than individuals. we dont really have one allstar yet imo. only 201GA was very good plus total D production was top 5 in the league i believe CF said in his draft vid. hate to shake that up too much.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Suter still has an effective style to drive opponents to the corners. He could be more assertive once in a while. I trust Brodin's defensive capabilities as much as Suter's but neither do much damage in the offensive zone. I'd really want them to split up next season, although I'm not sure if the handedness allows it to happen.

Not a great season for him but he's still the #1, Suter.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Suter still has an effective style to drive opponents to the corners. He could be more assertive once in a while. I trust Brodin's defensive capabilities as much as Suter's but neither do much damage in the offensive zone. I'd really want them to split up next season, although I'm not sure if the handedness allows it to happen.

Not a great season for him but he's still the #1, Suter.

I don't have a problem with the pairing, its the usage that's messed up.

Suter, Spurgeon Brodin and Scandella's usage in terms of O zone starts should all be modified and switched with eachother.

Spurgeon should be the guy getting 57% O zone starts Suter gets, and Scandella and Suter should be getting the 50% Spurgeon and Brodin get, and Brodin should be taking on the 45% that Scandella gets.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Suter
Scandella
Brodin
Spurgeon
Dumba
Leopold
Folin

For now...