Prospect Info: Ranking #4

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Hishon. Talent is there and if he can stay healthy for extended period of time I think the ball gets rolling. Pretty if I guess, but between him and Elliot I roll the dice on Hishon.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I fail to see how that helps Hishon in a debate of Hishon vs Elliott. Elliott is further along his development and has had full development time while Hishon has had his development stunted and can't stay healthy to continue to develop. Hishon isn't suddenly going to take a jump forward because he lost two years... they are gone and lost forever.

This is true, but it does also mean that Hishon may have more untapped potential at this point than Elliott does. Really, the biggest difference for me at this point is that Hishon showed in the playoffs that he is willing to throw his body around at the NHL level, whereas Elliott has always looked pretty timid to me. I consider both players to be fairly equally skilled, so that's the difference for me.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I fail to see how that helps Hishon in a debate of Hishon vs Elliott. Elliott is further along his development and has had full development time while Hishon has had his development stunted and can't stay healthy to continue to develop. Hishon isn't suddenly going to take a jump forward because he lost two years... they are gone and lost forever.

Hishon has had his development stunted, as you say. He should therefore have more left to develop. He has not been developed like the typical 5th year player. Elliott however has had the development of a typical 6th year player.

Plus, even though Elliott has had all this extra development time they are still at about the same level- AHL top 6/4 in need of further development, nhl call up.

Hishon's development has been held back by injury. Elliott's development has been held back by Elliott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad