Prospect Info: Ranking #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Once our latest saga concludes shortly, I figured it is time and would be good to discuss how we collectively rank our current prospect pool especially as it has undergone a bit of a makeover this offseason. I will keep the poll up for 2 days, 3 if it falls over a weekend and aim to put up a new poll every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with the goal of reaching a top 20 ranking on September 5th. Some guidelines:

1. Vote on who you believe is the best prospect right now by whichever criteria you choose if that is potential ceiling, odds of reaching the NHL, closest to the NHL, etc but please explain your reasoning.

2. I'm adopting Lonewolfe's method from the player rankings of only having 6 poll selections at a time so please post who you would like to add, adding explanation if you can.

ETA, nice how it worked out one from each of the last 6 drafts in the initial poll. I didn't even really plan it that way.

Last edited:

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
I voted Hishon. I think he is NHL ready and will be in AVS lineup during this season. For me, he has top six potential and only "if" is his health. If O'Money" is traded he could be his successor.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I voted Bigras and he's going to win as our best prospect. As safe of a bet as we have of a player who is going to be part of our future lineup. Combo of talent, upside and potential to make the NHL.

I don't think he will be added next but I'd put Geertsen on the poll next.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Yeah, I voted Bigras since I see quite a lot of upside but still being quite a safe bet.

Add Smith.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
What exactly am I voting for?
Ok
I vote for the player who can help us TODAY
HISHON

Can be however you determine who our best prospect is today. Could be who can help us today or who will be the best player in the future.

The way I personally look at these types of polls are who I would consider the most valuable in a trade right now, which sort of balances out potential and usefulness.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Has got to be Bigras. 2 way Dman that was voted the best defensive Dman in his league. And graded out as a better skater than MacK at the combine.

If only he was 6'6" and hit like a Mack truck as well.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Guys, let's not trade any more second round picks, mmkk? :)

Honestly though, our pool is decimated by Landeskog and MacKinnon never really being prospects for very long and we'd all make the Varly trade over and over again (though 90% of you screamed like babies when it was made).

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I went with Bleackley as I think he's the most sure bet to make the team with Bigras a smidge behind. I really think those 2 are interchangeable at this point in the rankings.

Add: Pickard or Aitokallio

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Bigras right now. Wouldnt be surprised if Hishon takes over this spot very soon though. See him as a PPG+ in the AHL next year, until he reaches the NHL by about mid season.

Bigras
Hishon
Bleackley
Siemens
Elliott
Magyar
Sgarbossa
Pickard
Aittokallio
Bourke

That would be my Top 10.

Status