May 15, 2012
1. Calgary
1. Edmonton
3. Montreal
4. Ottawa
5. Toronto
6. Winnipeg
7. Vancouver

The two Alberta teams will be the two best teams on the Canadian side. Both are loading up for Death Valley 2.0.

People ranking Montreal so low. We are aware they have been the best Canadian team in the NHL for a while now? Right? They still have the best goalie in the world and a bunch of depth.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
1. Calgary
1. Edmonton
3. Montreal
4. Ottawa
5. Toronto
6. Winnipeg
7. Vancouver

The two Alberta teams will be the two best teams on the Canadian side. Both are loading up for Death Valley 2.0.

People ranking Montreal so low. We are aware they have been the best Canadian team in the NHL for a while now? Right? They still have the best goalie in the world and a bunch of depth.

I thought Montreal traded their depth for drouin who is a replacement for Radulov. They do not have a #1 center or a PMD in this day and age?

Also all Ottawa did was lose Methot and was not able to replace him. Are they considered a playoff team?

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I thought Montreal traded their depth for drouin who is a replacement for Radulov. They do not have a #1 center or a PMD in this day and age?

Also all Ott did was lose Methot and no able to replace him. Are they considered a playoff team?

I'm not one of the people who sees Montreal taking a step back.
They lost Emelin who is useless. They more or less traded Radulov for Drouin and Hemsky. Drouin could potentially be that centre they need (They'll start him there for sure).

If they bring back Markov, they more or less have the same team. Minus Emelin, who isn't a PMD by any means.

Ottawa? Losing Methot? It's called Chabot. People are going to be really wondering how this kid developed this ridiculously. A bounce back year from Ceci; and Ottawa is right back to where they were. Considering that their forwards all had down years and they still had a divisional spot... not overly worried for them.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
1. Edmonton - Wouldn't surprise me to see them be the strongest team in the West next year
2. Ottawa - Deep roster, Chabot will be a good addition. The drop off between 1 and the rest is pretty large.
3. Calgary - That defense is top 3 in the league
4. Montreal - They will be decent for another year or two, but the cliff is fast approaching
5. Toronto - Still a playoff team, but their defense is just too weak to be ranked any higher, not solid on goaltending either.
6. Winnipeg - Another year before they really compete for a playoff spot
7. Vancouver - Yep.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I'm not one of the people who sees Montreal taking a step back.
They lost Emelin who is useless. They more or less traded Radulov for Drouin and Hemsky. Drouin could potentially be that centre they need (They'll start him there for sure).

If they bring back Markov, they more or less have the same team. Minus Emelin, who isn't a PMD by any means.

Ottawa? Losing Methot? It's called Chabot. People are going to be really wondering how this kid developed this ridiculously. A bounce back year from Ceci; and Ottawa is right back to where they were. Considering that their forwards all had down years and they still had a divisional spot... not overly worried for them.

So we are expecting a rookie to come in and play top 4 minutes for 82+ games?

Markov re-signing isn't guaranteed is it?

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
1. Edm
2. Tor
3. Ott
4. Cgy
5. Wpg
6. Mtl
7. Van

This would be mine as well. Edmonton will be near the top of the west, Toronto and Ottawa will fight it out for the division, Calgary and Winnipeg will be in the battle for WC spots. Vancouver made the mistake of signing a ton of middling talent and that will prop them up to 25th or so in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad