Rank the potential Finals by your preference

MrSnrub

May 23, 2010
Some place far away
Jets vs Capitals - First time winner guaranteed; Laine vs Ovechkin has potential historical significance.

Knights vs Capitals - What if the Caps discover it wasn't the Penguins they were losing to all this time, it was MAF?

Jets vs Lightning - Massive firepower.

Knights vs Lightning - Just a weird matchup.

However, unlike most years I'd be fine with any of the possible Finals.

Feb 24, 2017
Give me Knights and Capitals please.
I want Knights and Capitals.

The Capitals violate my “no first time winners” sentiment, as do Vegas. However, I have for a few years now cheered for two players especially to get a Cup, while my Canucks are a billion miles away from it: Ovy and Joe. I feel like Ovy is nearly as impressive career wise as Sid, but because 87 has his Cups it looks like there is some massive chasm between them. And the Vegas thing? I guess the absurdity of it is just fun.

Reactions: Lawd Stanley

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I want Knights and Capitals.

The Capitals violate my “no first time winners” sentiment, as do Vegas. However, I have for a few years now cheered for two players especially to get a Cup, while my Canucks are a billion miles away from it: Ovy and Joe. I feel like Ovy is nearly as impressive career wise as Sid, but because 87 has his Cups it looks like there is some massive chasm between them. And the Vegas thing? I guess the absurdity of it is just fun.

Why do you have a "no first time winners" policy? Is it because the Canucks have failed to win one in 2011? I mostly cheer for potential first time winners when my Caps are out, and it's good that 3 of the final 4 teams are looking at their first championship.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
I was hoping for Boston vs. Pittsburgh in ECF and Jets vs. Boston in SCF. For me, Washington and Tampa Bay are two the most "boring" teams who could have made it to the ECF (not related to their rosters, style or anything, just a personal preference).

I think it would be better to have Washington facing Jets. If Washington wins, Ovie finally gets his well deserved cup. Even though I can't stand Kuznetsov (don't want to see him scoring an OT winner :laugh:).

So Jets vs. Capitals.

Reactions: bs

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Lightning vs Knights, I feel Tampa would have an easier time beating Vegas instead of the Jets.

Then the Lightning follow that up with an injury filled Cup hangover of a season and we get a sweet lotto pick at the 2019 draft

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
1) WSH vs. WPG
2) WSH vs. LVGK
3) TBL vs. WPG
4) TBL vs. LVGK

Order of preference for winning the Cup this year:
WSH > WPG > LVGK > TBL

But that in no way should be construed as me having a problem with the Lightning. I like that team and wouldn't feel bad at all if they came out on top.

I'm just more drawn to things like:
1) An OvechCup/ first Cup
2) A resurrection for long-suffering Winnipeg fans after losing their team/ first Cup
3) An are-you-freaking-kidding-me expansion team win/ first Cup

When the WORST scenario you're seeing as an NHL fan in the semi-finals is a win by a team you genuinely feel good about, that's an interesting situation!

Reactions: Hulide
Feb 24, 2017
Why do you have a "no first time winners" policy? Is it because the Canucks have failed to win one in 2011? I mostly cheer for potential first time winners when my Caps are out, and it's good that 3 of the final 4 teams are looking at their first championship.
And 1994. Both in game 7.
I’m a petty person that way, and cheer against other fan bases feeling that joy until I can. I’m not shy about admitting it.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
And 1994. Both in game 7.
I’m a petty person that way, and cheer against other fan bases feeling that joy until I can. I’m not shy about admitting it.

That's cool, I was just curious to know. Well, I hope for your sake that the Canucks get back in a position to compete soon and win one. Sucks to have suffered for so long.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I want to see Knights and Lightning because I really wouldn't care who won. A former Penguin makes history either way.

Knights and Caps would be as aggravating as Pens and Caps all over again. But would take it if the Knights pull it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad