Prospect Info: Rank the draft prospects - Who is your FIRST choice for the Devils pick at #7

Who is your first choice for the Devils 1st pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Anyone that wants the two dmen over Rossi is drafting too much for need.
BPA Only

The majority of the rankings I've seen have Drysdale above Rossi, and they're split with Rossi and Sanderson with Rossi ranked higher more often. So it just seems kinda odd to declare that anyone choosing D is basically doing that only because of need.

Rossi is 10 months older than Sanderson and 7 months older than Drysdale. Sanderson played the whole season as a 17 year old and Rossi the whole season as an 18 year old. He effectively already completed what is the D+1 season for the majority of prospects. So while he might be BPA, as in he's the better player to date, there's likely more un-tapped potential from Sanderson than there is Rossi at this point.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I mean...who's to say what BPA is? Plus, with this draft being extremely forward heavy and having two other first round picks, you can argue that the value lies with taking the defenseman. I personally feel Sanderson and Drysdale will both prove to be more valuable than Rossi in the long run anyways, so it's easy picking for me.

Reactions: Guadana

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I mean...who's to say what BPA is? Plus, with this draft being extremely forward heavy and having two other first round picks, you can argue that the value lies with taking the defenseman. I personally feel Sanderson and Drysdale will both prove to be more valuable than Rossi in the long run anyways, so it's easy picking for me.
Or we just trade up and draft both Sanderson and Perfetti/Quinn depending on whos taken before WPG!

I proposed a deal around Severson+18th for 10th+Stanley+Little

Have Little play for 2-3 years then buy him out if need be, his buyout money is very low

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Or we just trade up and draft both Sanderson and Perfetti/Quinn depending on whos taken before WPG!

I proposed a deal around Severson+18th for 10th+Stanley+Little

Have Little play for 2-3 years then buy him out if need be, his buyout money is very low
No thanks.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
A few months ago I wanted anyone but Sanderson, now I'd be thrilled if he dropped to NJ at 7.

I'm gonna go a bit off the board though and say Askarov who's been rumored to go to NJ at 7. Simply think he's the BPA, Blackwood is 5.5 years old so we need goalie prospects anyway, and think he could step in to NHL immediately as an elite 1A/B in 2 years.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
IMO Drysdale, Sanderson, and Rossi are all in a little mini tier below the consensus top-3 but above the other guys in this poll.

Personally I think Drysdale has the highest ceiling of those three but I would be thrilled to get any of them at #7.

Worst case scenario in my eyes would be if they all go 4-6, and then we have to "settle" for one of Raymond/Holtz/Perfetti, who are all outstanding players and any of them would immediately be our best prospect.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I was leaning Raymond but my second choice was Sanderson so I voted for him to create the crazy three way tie. CIVIL WAR!

Reactions: Blackjack

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Hmm. The vote was close than I thought. I figured Drysdale was going to run away with it.

Just a reminder, I'm going to close this poll and start the next one in the morning. We have to keep this moving to beat the daft deadline.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I am absolutely sold on Sanderson. I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed when he's drafted before our spot. Yes, I know we'll get a really great prospect regardless.

Reactions: Guadana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad