Rank the cities where you would want to play the most if you were a NHL player

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
Not saying Northern Texas doesn't suck, I just didn't perceive it as bad as where I am at right now.

As for nice areas in Pittsburgh. Isn't Sewickley a nicer part? It's been a while since I've been through there but I seem to remember seeing Lemieux' crazy house (a thousand chimneys or whatever).

-I dont live in PA anymore. But Sewickley isnt Pittsburgh. Sewickley is probably 15 miles out. Thats like saying Compton is what LA is. One area / town doesnt describe a whole city. Again, I dont know what town / suburb you live, but something doesnt add up? If you live in Wilkins berg or North Hills I see why you dont like living there.

-And like I said, it depends what you like to do.

-Ive been all over the United States. And Ill put the food in Pittsburgh against anyone, including Manhattan NY, live there too.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017

So, Pittsburgh is broccoli ice cream and Tampa is broccoli.

So in the end it comes down to choosing between solid and mashed up frozen/form.

See and that's the point I was trying to make, just because something is slighter cooler (temperature wise, not 'cool' factor wise) doesn't mean it's much better.

Ideally I'd prefer a nicely toasted sandwich with a thick layer of hazelnut spread over anything broccoli related.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I think I would hate teams with poor travel schedules. Long airplane rides just to get closer destinations,,,,no thanks. That really eliminates the Western Conference
So one of the New York area teams, or the Metro division would be my preference followed by the Atlantic .

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
-I dont live in PA anymore. But Sewickley isnt Pittsburgh. Sewickley is probably 15 miles out. Thats like saying Compton is what LA is. One area / town doesnt describe a whole city. Again, I dont know what town / suburb you live, but something doesnt add up? If you live in Wilkins berg or North Hills I see why you dont like living there.

-And like I said, it depends what you like to do.

-Ive been all over the United States. And Ill put the food in Pittsburgh against anyone, including Manhattan NY, live there too.

I live near Pittsburgh, never said I live in Wilkinsburg. Without giving too much detail but I live closer to Cranberry Township than Pitt but spend much more time in and around there.

As for food, as I said earlier, matter of taste. For instance, everybody seems to love Primantis, yet I must have been there the 2 times they served something that resembled more an overcooked cat than anything beef related.

Some like broccoli, some like broccoli ice cream... Not gonna get into a food debate

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
-Thats debate-bale as to what you like to do. I like the outdoors and hike for example. You would die in Florida trying to hike in that humidity down there. You also couldnt do it in the severe cold. I also like to drive and roadtrip often. I also go to National Parks often. The West Coast suits me. You couldnt pay me to live in the Southeast United States when its at 100% humidity. I felt that for the first time last year once again in Branson Missouri over 4th of July weekend before I went to New Orleans and Atlanta, and that was enough for me. If you have never been in 100% humidity when it is 95 out, it is beyond the word nasty. Death Valley in California has reached temps of 130+. That is nothing to 95 at 100% humidity. You are suffering if you are outside and sweating to death. If you guys like that lifestyle, so be it.

Not sure what you would be debating as far as what WPG has to offer here, because everything he told you is 100% the truth.
And you certainly can hike in the cold, just dress for it.
Our winters aren’t -40 for the entire season either you know. Those temps are what we call a “cold snap”. Common sense would need to be applied here when hiking in that though. Dress in layers, and don’t venture out too too far on those days. I personally use those days to get right hammered and have a good time!!
Don’t forget to plug in the car though! ;)

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
So, Pittsburgh is broccoli ice cream and Tampa is broccoli.

So in the end it comes down to choosing between solid and mashed up frozen/form.

See and that's the point I was trying to make, just because something is slighter cooler (temperature wise, not 'cool' factor wise) doesn't mean it's much better.

Ideally I'd prefer a nicely toasted sandwich with a thick layer of hazelnut spread over anything broccoli related.
It was a joke but ok :laugh:

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
People who say theres nothing to do in places like Winnipeg, Edmonton etc are truly clueless.

Yeah theres just a million people standing around with their thumbs up their butts. No bars, restaurants, festivals or activities. Sorry guys, tough break.

What they mean is there are far less things to do than in more major, nicer, more affluent cities. From everyone I know that lived in either place and left, neither is ever worth going to for any reason. Nothing unique, not overly nice, night life is mediocre, etc., etc.

I'm glad you like it though.

Yeah!... last year we had somewhere in the neighbourhood of 25 or so!!
LOCK YOUR DOORS!!!

This thread is beyond stupid and does **** all but breed ignorance.
But I guess this is the NEW USA nowadays.

I mean, most Canadians are saying they would refuse to live in the Peg, too. Don't be so insecure, not everyone's city can be a first round pick. Someone has to go in the seventh.

Last edited:

PenguinSpeed

Oct 4, 2017
I live near Pittsburgh, never said I live in Wilkinsburg. Without giving too much detail but I live closer to Cranberry Township than Pitt but spend much more time in and around there.

As for food, as I said earlier, matter of taste. For instance, everybody seems to love Primantis, yet I must have been there the 2 times they served something that resembled more an overcooked cat than anything beef related.

Some like broccoli, some like broccoli ice cream... Not gonna get into a food debate

-I dont know where you live

-But Pittsburgh was ranked 4th in food rankings, and, I would say that is severely underrated.

Pittsburgh Ranked No. 4 Best City For Foodies

-Regardless of the food shows on a National Level where the Potato Patch has been #1 for about 10 years+, I would like to hear where you go?

-I would also say Pittsburgh competely smokes LA and NYC, Ive lived in both, and it isnt close

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
LA,San Jose,Anaheim,Florida,Tampa Bay. Tier 1.

Hot weather, young and being a millionaire would be awesome. big bonus no snow.

Rangers,Islanders,New Jersey to live close to NYC would be epic. Tier 2.

Montreal, well i was born there. Tier 3

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Nashville
Carolina
San Jose
Vegas

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
1. Toronto (born there, history, nice city, good hockey city)
2. NY Rangers (good city, history)
3. Winnipeg (family history)
4. Vancouver
5-7. Calgary, Chicago, Montreal
8-15. Edmonton, Ottawa, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington, NJ, Boston (good cities to play in)
16-21. Dallas, St. Louis, SJ, LA, Vegas, Minnesota (not as good but still solid)
22-29. Buffalo, Florida, Tampa, Columbus, Colorado, Anaheim, Arizona, NY Islanders
30-31. Nashville, Carolina (not much interest)

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Personally I’d play for any team that would take me. I’d prefer California, the smaller market teams or the prairie teams.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Tampa
Sunrise
Nashville
Dallas
Vegas

Tax purposes. Also bonus points for all being in Castle Doctrine states.

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I find it funny when easterners say places like Winnipeg and Edmonton are cold. -16 in Montreal is way colder than -25 in Edmonton.

Reactions: McFlash97
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad