Rank the Canucks’ Primary Uniforms

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Current uni’s with Johnny Canuck replacing the Orca would be the best.
I agree.

I like the blue and green jerseys the best. I've seen a Concept Johnny Canucks logo chopped off at the waist in from of a V. (same V they use with just the Head of Johnny Canuck).

Black skate jersey, during its time, always looked kind of a faded black when compared to LA/Boston. Maybe due to them not having any white on the jersey.

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I do love the Millionaire jerseys that we have, but the 'color' scheme simply doesn't match what Vancouver and British Columbia is all about in my opinion (i.e. Ocean, greenery, etc.). Some colors just suit certain cities (i.e. Calgary/red, winnipeg/blue, Saskatchewan/green, etc.).

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
  1. Heritage stick in rink
  2. Current
  3. Skate
  4. Millionaires
  5. V
Unmoved by the rest, although the original Orca Bay uni’s remind me of Messier and Keenan, so I would rather never see them again.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The skate jersey just seems off to me.

Maybe it was the white jersey in conjunction with the backdrop of the pacific coliseum that made it look even better.

The blacks looked better on the road back in the day.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
People are too bent out of shape over the “corporate” orca bay logo thing and take it out on the jerseys that it made its debut on.

View attachment 288615

This is an extremely sharp uniform.

Its aged well. The dark set still does not look great to me though. That "redder" one they came out with later is looking worse as years pass IMO.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I've got an intensely personal connection to Sedin/Luongo era, which includes that emblazoned "Vancouver" over green and blue. So my personal bias reigns supreme here. Their reverence to the stick-in-rink also resonated with me, though I wouldn't call that one my favorite. It's a pretty clean design though. I really liked the heritage version from this year's crop.

One thing I disliked about the WCE-era Orca was how dark the scheme was. It never really felt like it was "our" color scheme. I liked the red trim when they came out with it, but I was also like 12 at the time lol, these days I'm not as big of a fan. Going back to the royal blue felt like a homecoming.

The black skate kit, aside from others' personal connection to it, looks quite sharp; especially in a live setting (Saturday was the first I'd ever seen those duds live). The other skate kits are actually quite forgettable (the orange, the reds, and even the white)....but that black one feels like it encapsulates that era, or at least, what I remember of it.

The Flying V doesn't need much more said about it, although I will note, the shirt design where they have the V stripes on a black background (picture attached) actually looks pretty decent, and I do wonder what it would look like on a jersey.

I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Millionaires jersey. But despite its aesthetic merit, there's really no connection for me. All it really represents to me is the failure of John Tortorella lmao

sw7furp.png

Last edited:
Reactions: hellstick

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Hi guys! I was looking on the Canucks website and I can't find the adult size Skate jersey. Do you guys know if it's still available to buy?

Thanks!

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
I'm trying to convince my wife to let me buy a skate jersey of my boy Pettersson or Hughes. Those are my favorites... especially the black. The white is ok, but I think they may need to play around with the colours for the white away Skate jersey.

Next would be the 70's stick and rink. They were my favourites for a while. I own an away jersey of this (no number).

Third favourite is the current jersey. I own a Boeser home jersey of this one.

Fourth is the "wordmark" jersey. I have a plain home jersey of this one.

Fifth is the orca. I used to own a Bertuzzi jersey of this one.

I absolutely despise the flying V.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
1. Skate
2. Current
3. Orcas
4. Stick in rink
5. Wordmark
6. Flying V

The original orca gets a bad rap for what it represented (corporate takeover). Its a beautiful uniform with great colours.

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
1. Stick in Rink
2. Skate
3. Original orca
4. Current
5. Wordmark
6. Flying V

Current jersey would get a big boost if they added some colour to the orca. It just looks washed out now. For the skate jersey, I love the black version but the white is just okay, so I had some trouble placing it. I could drop it a couple spots depending on how I weight the two.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
The skate jersey just seems off to me.

Maybe it was the white jersey in conjunction with the backdrop of the pacific coliseum that made it look even better.

The blacks looked better on the road back in the day.
Agreed. On that note, I’m still not 100% used to seeing darks at home for anyone.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
1) Current
2) Original Orca
3) Skate
4) Stick In Rink (I hate jerseys where the home and away are different colours, though the design of the home jersey is great and I've liked every new version of it)
5) Wordmark
6) Flying V

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille