Prospect Info: Rank our top 10 prospects

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Probably about time for someone to start the all-encompassing Flames 100% accurate, agreed upon and legit prospect rankings.
I'd do it... but I'd forget in a couple days and not have enough energy to start it up again.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
1 year later, how do you all see this top 10 list currently? big dustin wolf fan. how high
do you have him?

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Gilles above Dube!?! I'll bite your legs off! :P

giphy.gif

1 year later, how do you all see this top 10 list currently? big dustin wolf fan. how high
do you have him?

1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Pettersen
4. Zavgrodiny

Then it's an interchangeable, arguable big mess of Parsons, Nikolayev, Wolf, Phillips, Gawdin, Ruzicka, Mackey all fighting for the 5-10 slots imo.

Next tier would be Pospisil, Poolman, Philp, Tuulola, Yelesin, Kinvall, Lerby imo.

Graduated: Dube, Kylington

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
giphy.gif

1. Valimaki
2. Pelletier
3. Pettersen
4. Zavgrodiny

Then it's an interchangeable, arguable big mess of Parsons, Nikolayev, Wolf, Phillips, Gawdin, Ruzicka, Mackey all fighting for the 5-10 slots imo.

Next tier would be Pospisil, Poolman, Philp, Tuulola, Yelesin, Kinvall, Lerby imo.

Graduated: Dube, Kylington

Phillips in with Pettersen/Zav in those 3-5 slots quite clearly imo but other than I agree fully

Reactions: Dack

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
I'd like to see Phillips at some point as the 3rd RW with PP2 time next year personally. I think he's our most NHL ready forward prospect with any upside.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Anyone have more info on Demetrios Koumontzis. I didnt see the prospect training but the article on the flames site has Tre praising him. Hell i didnt even see him on anyones list.

Edit: ok I seen him as 15th on connors list.
He was apparently having a solid couple months at U of Az-Phx early season. Working on 200 ft game, being responsible and enhancing his puck skills within being a freshman on a US University hockey program. You have to toe-the-line, follow the program of coaches desire for the team. No individual stats padding, how good can I be aside from the team, type attitude must be followed if you want any icetime and opportunity.
Screwed up season and the times interrupted much more reports on where his development, game is at?

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
do you have him?
I would put him around #5. Haven't seen Zaggy play so...maybe he is ahead of Dusty? We need goalies to step up for developing to forefront. Big club is not settled in the nets!! I did like Parsone, and his "potential" after drafted, but...is he on solid ground mentally to go forward with the grind and pressures of manning the net in the NHL? Not sure on that front. His development was definitely stunted a while there. With Dusty Wolf-man in the fold, I don't see Parsons rising higher than AHL quality depth roster player, (yet).

Reactions: neelynugs

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
He was apparently having a solid couple months at U of Az-Phx early season. Working on 200 ft game, being responsible and enhancing his puck skills within being a freshman on a US University hockey program. You have to toe-the-line, follow the program of coaches desire for the team. No individual stats padding, how good can I be aside from the team, type attitude must be followed if you want any icetime and opportunity.
Screwed up season and the times interrupted much more reports on where his development, game is at?
He is another smallish winger in Flames org with a de ent motor and skills, shown at lower levels. Likely a project 2 to 3 seasons away from knowing what his value, skill level for pros is at.
So what ( who is that) we have now, on the smallish-build side of players:
-Johnny Hockey
-Andrew Mangiapane
-Matthew Phillips
-Luke Philp
-Demetrios Koumontzis
-Jakob Pelletier
-Dmitri Zavgorodny
-Derek Ryan,
Over 1/2 a forward roster!
See who Tre & company add to that list, this draft?

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Unsure: Kylington (Graduated or no?)

Relatively general...

(1.5 seasons or less to NHL)
Tier 1 (middle 6/pairing+ lowish risk): Valimaki, Pelletier

Tier 2 (Bottom 6/pairing + lowish risk): Mackey, Gawdin,

(Gravy if NHL games... 2+ year expectation)
Tier 3: (Middle 6/pairing + boom/bust): MEP, Snag Zag, Parsons of interest, Phillips, Wolf, Poolman

Tier 3.5: (Bottom 6/pairing + boom/bustttt): Philp, 2low, Pospisil, Yeselin, Lerby, Rudzicka, Kinvall etc.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I am still holding out hope for Parsons. Damn he was so good that one year especially world juniors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad