Rank our forwards 1-9

leafspring*

I simply think its a nice mix Carlyle can match lines with plenty of flexability/chemistry/toughness/skill is abundant for the style they will be playing. Its a better mix now with Bolland/Clarkson and they will be well looked after by Orr/McLaren.

We might not have the highest rated offensive centers but,they will all play hard and give you predictable minutes to a man. I really like the prospects that the forwards will be giving us next year.

I think when you read the posed question by the OP,that it is obvious instantly that the offensive/defensive mix depth is present in all of them on the top 9.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Interesting isn't it?

I guess one could argue McClement is about as good overall a player as Kessel.

Should he, too, be looking for north of 7 million per year on his next contract? :sarcasm:

Unfortunately for McClement, the hardest thing to do is score goals.

Maybe he should have been a defenseman :sarcasm:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
When did Clarkson become a better defensive forward than Kulemin, or more specifically played any defense at all? At worst Kuli is the 2nd best defensive forward.....Bolland is a nice player but his defensive acumen is getting overrated on these boards in my opinion

I agree. A lot of people are going to be disappointed with Bolland if he doesn't regain back to his 2011 form. He was pretty horrible for most of the season. People hear the name Bolland and they assume we're getting that vintage shutdown guy he was a couple of seasons ago. Maybe he can regain form but it's going to be a gamble. Mcclement was a BEAST last season... this guy was flying all year long, 6th in selke voting, our best PKer etc. He's actually a much better player then Dave Bolland so it surprises me that everyone has Bolland ahead of Mcclement.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Phil Kessel
Joffery Lupul
Nazem Kadri
James van Riemsdyk
David Clarkson
Tyler Bozak
Dave Bolland
Jay McClement
Nik Kulemin

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
I agree. A lot of people are going to be disappointed with Bolland if he doesn't regain back to his 2011 form. He was pretty horrible for most of the season. People hear the name Bolland and they assume we're getting that vintage shutdown guy he was a couple of seasons ago. Maybe he can regain form but it's going to be a gamble. Mcclement was a BEAST last season... this guy was flying all year long, 6th in selke voting, our best PKer etc. He's actually a much better player then Dave Bolland so it surprises me that everyone has Bolland ahead of Mcclement.

Defensively I agree, McClement is better than Bolland.

Thing is though, while Bolland might not be as good as he used to be in a shutdown role, he's still pretty sound in his own end. And he will provide double the offense.

leafstilldeath*

Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul
Nazem Kadri
JVR
Jay McClement
David Clarkson
Nikolai Kulemin
Dave Bolland
Tyler Bozak

parker171*

Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Kadri
Clarkson
Kulemin
Bozak
Bolland
McClement

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Kessel
Lupul
Kadri
JVR
Mcclement
Bozak
Clarkson
Bolland
Kulemin

i like all of these players btw. i'm happy to have this as my top 9. they're all very good IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad