Rank NHL goalie prospects #6

Who is the #6 Goalie Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
#1- Spencer Knight (Rank NHL goalie prospects)
#2- Yaroslav Askarov (Rank NHL goalie prospects)
#3- Jake Oettinger (Rank NHL goalie prospects)
#4- Jeremy Swayman (Rank NHL goalie prospects #4)
#5- Kaapo Kähkönen (Rank NHL goalie prospects #5)

I will wait 3 days per round (voting closes after 3 days) to see if there's a clear winner. Hopefully, we'll get enough votes to make a top-10 or even top-15

When voting, please also consider their age, a 20 y/o goalie has more room to develop than a 24 y/o goalie

Tell me who to add

ELIGIBILITY : Under 25 y/o and under 45 NHL games (HF criterias)

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Primeau and add Daws and/or Wallstedt. I'd probably have Daws over Schmid, but who knows.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ustimenko even being between the choices is hilarious. 22 y.o. goalie troubled by injuries who only ever played in C-grade leagues... He wouldn't be the 6th Russian goalie prospect, nevermind overall.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kahkonen isn’t a great goalie prospect. He’s not even really a prospect anymore for one, but he’s more of a 1B guy I think.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dostal underrated once again

In what sense? He's going to be voted #6 over a guy that has a 0.933 SV% in 9 NHL games and has looked pretty damn good doing it

I don't think I ever did such a big 180 on a player

I'm a goalie so always interested to look at these guys. I saw him play live in the 2018 rookie tournament and was more impressed with a guy freshly drafted, Kevin Mandolese (who's like the Sens 5th best goalie prospect). Sure Gustavsson already has strung fundamentals and a great technique but was not impressed. He took a while to figure it out in NA but looked like he finally did and looked like a completely different player in 2020-21, pretty much like when an offensive player "breaks out", I think Gustavsson totally "broke out" as a goalie.

Ottawa is not a big/popular market. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know who Mads Sogaard is and won't consider him in this poll for a while. The 20 y/o came to the AHL and made it look easy, going 7-0 with a 0.917 SV%. His SV% dropped a bit towards the end but even if the team was pretty hot, he was finding ways to win and make the last big save. He's a 6'7 athletic monster, sky is the limit for him. I'm personally debating who I am higher on, Gustavsson or Sogaard. I see similarities with the Lehner vs Bishop situation

Ustimenko even being between the choices is hilarious. 22 y.o. goalie troubled by injuries who only ever played in C-grade leagues... He wouldn't be the 6th Russian goalie prospect, nevermind overall.

Someone asked to add him in poll #4

It's a democracy so I had to. I also thought a few other asks were a bit too early considering the names that were still left on board.

Last edited:

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
In what sense? He's going to be voted #6 over a guy that has a 0.933 SV% in 9 NHL games and has looked pretty damn good doing it

I don't think I ever did such a big 180 on a player

I'm a goalie so always interested to look at these guys. I saw him play live in the 2018 rookie tournament and was more impressed with a guy freshly drafted, Kevin Mandolese (who's like the Sens 5th best goalie prospect). Sure Gustavsson already has strung fundamentals and a great technique but was not impressed. He took a while to figure it out in NA but looked like he finally did and looked like a completely different player in 2020-21, pretty much like when an offensive player "breaks out", I think Gustavsson totally "broke out" as a goalie.

Ottawa is not a big/popular market. I'm sure a lot of people don't even know who Mads Sogaard is and won't consider him in this poll for a while. The 20 y/o came to the AHL and made it look easy, going 7-0 with a 0.917 SV%. His SV% dropped a bit towards the end but even if the team was pretty hot, he was finding ways to win and make the last big save. He's a 6'7 athletic monster, sky is the limit for him. I'm personally debating who I am higher on, Gustavsson or Sogaard. I see similarities with the Lehner vs Bishop situation

Someone asked to add him in poll #4

It's a democracy so I had to. I also thought a few other asks were a bit too early considering the names that were still left on board.
Lmao I was being dramatic :laugh:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The guy who drafted both Wolf and Hart was on Calgary radio the other day.

He said that Wolf will be a high-end pro and that his doubters will be wrong.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad