Rank for NHL Points Potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
Please rank these forwards for NHL points potential in the next few years. Or at least the top 10 and a few of the worst.

Prucha, Petr C NYR
Radulov, Alexander RW – NAS
Wojtek Wolski, LW – COL
Ladd, Andrew LW CAR
Jokinen, Jussi LW DAL
Pouliot, Benoit LW MIN
Rotislav Olesz, C FLA
Boyes, Brad C BOS
Tukonen, Lauri RW LA
Hudler, Jiri C DET
Grigorenko, Igor DET
Kostitsyn, Andrei RW MON
Connolly, Tim C BUF
Zajac, Travis NJ
Ouellet, Michel LW PIT
Kessels, Phil
Voloshenko, Roman LW – MIN
Pominville, Jason RW BUF
Eaves, Patrick RW OTT
Upshall, Scottie RW NSH
Tambellini, Jeff LW LA
Bernier, Steve RW SJ
Latendresse, Guillaume RW MON
Penner, Dustin RW ANA
Sejna, Peter LW STL

Last edited:

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
1. Wojtek Wolski
2. Alexander Radulov
3. Jiri Hudler
4. Jussi Jokinen
5. Igor Grigorenko
6. Brad Boyes
7. Petr Prucha
8. Rostislav Olesz
9. Phil Kessel
10. Steve Bernier

the worst for offensive output are:
Dustin Penner
Peter Senja
Andrew Ladd

most likely to bust:
Peter Senja
Benoit Pouliot
Phil Kessel
Andrei Kostitsyn

knight44

Jul 31, 2005
Toronto
I highly doubt Kessel will bust, he is way to talented to bust.

Wolski will somewhere atop that list, the kid is simply taring the OHL apart the past 3 months, the avs are sure lucky to have Svatos, Wolski and Richardson on there team.

Which comes to my question where is Svatos on that list? Prucha is! and how about a guy by the name of Schremp?

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
In terms of purely points potential...it should be Kessel #1, then the rest.

Top ten id say...

1) Kessel
2) Pouliot
3) Radulov
4) Wolski
5) Grigorenko
6) Hudler
7) Kostitsyn
8) Boyes
9) Connolly
10) Jokinen

The worst:
Penner
Sejna
Upshall

Thats IMO of course...

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
knight44 said:
Which comes to my question where is Svatos on that list? Prucha is! and how about a guy by the name of Schremp?

Anyone not listed was already drafted in my keeper league.

I really like Radulov myself but do you think he'll be playing in Nashville next year?

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
tramelt said:
Anyone not listed was already drafted in my keeper league.

I really like Radulov myself but do you think he'll be playing in Nashville next year?

With the way he is playing in the Q right now, with something silly like a 45 game scoring streak and 135 points with 6 games remaining... I wouldn't be suprised at all to see him make the team straight out of camp.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
If Colorado continues in it's very offensive happy system then Wolski should have a leg up.

Of those listed Radulov, and Wolski are the two players I think will have the greatest success because of their actual potential, as well as the teams they play for.

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
barfy2000 said:
In terms of purely points potential...it should be Kessel #1, then the rest.

Do you think he'll play in the NHL next season?

Anyone else want to take a stab at this?

Last edited:

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
rigger said:
Where is Schremp's name. When he scores 65 points as a rookie next season everyone will be saying, well maybe he can play in the NHL.

Certain players are left out because they are no longer available in my keeper pool.

So is Kessel clearly # 1 for points in the next few years? Will he play in the NHL next season?

Also out of this list who is clearly near the top and bottom?

I put Radulov and Wolski at the top but after that its not very clear to me.

Thanks!

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
tramelt said:
Certain players are left out because they are no longer available in my keeper pool.

So is Kessel clearly # 1 for points in the next few years? Will he play in the NHL next season?

Also out of this list who is clearly near the top and bottom?

I put Radulov and Wolski at the top but after that its not very clear to me.

Thanks!
IMO, Kessel should be #1 on the list, but I also think he has about a 50/50 shot at being a bust(just how i feel). I really hope he does good though. For now I would have Kessel followed by Wolski and then Radulov. Also IMO there is no way kessel will play in the NHL next year, I'm guessing he'll stay in college..which he should.

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
Crazy

How can you leave out Shremp, Bolland & MaGrath all have potencial to do well in the NHL.

Jeff Goldblum

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but how can you leave out Schremp?

...Haha. The man just wants to know about the players listed above. It's quite simple.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The hilarity is that I JUST mentioned this in the HF gospel...that one of my favorite things is when someone asks about a specific set of players, and a bunch of posters jump in with,

"OMGZ HOW COULD U LEAVE OUT MY FAVORITE TEAM'S TOP PROSPECT, YOULL SEE WHEN HE SCORES 100 GOALS NEXT YEAR AND PWNZ N00BZ!"

Gold!

rigger

Aug 18, 2004
Jessica Alba's Dream
If I had known it was for these guys for a keeper pool I would have assumed that he could choose only from these guys and I would not have thrown in my two cents about Schremp.

Yes Shremp is my teams top prospect but I saw the list and saw players of his calibre but he is not in it, therefore I suggested his inclusion in the list. Since he is no longer in the keeper pool draft I can see why he's not there. Anyway, my predictions.

1) Wolski
2) Radulov
3) Pouliot
4) Kessel
5) Grigorenko
6) Boyes
7) Prucha
8) Hudler
9) Olesz
10) Latendresse

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
fyug said:
Omg Where Are Crosby And Ovechkin!?!?!

These guys are definately not available in my pool.

Scooter2 said:
How can you leave out Shremp, Bolland & MaGrath all have potencial to do well in the NHL.

Schremp isn't avaiable but the other 2 are. Bolland I could have added to the list but haven't heard much of McGrath.

Its pretty clear who's on top but who do you think will not put up the points from the list.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I'm seeing it like this:

Kessel
Wolski
Radulov
Grigorenko
Pouliot

I think Grigorenko is gonna be a force in Detroit and he'll soon be there

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
ANDREW LADD...........

The guy is definitely going to be putting up some points....at some point he WILL end up on a line with Staal and playing on the first PP unit. So the second poster who said he would be amongst the WORST in point production missed the boat on that one.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Moosetache said:
ANDREW LADD...........

The guy is definitely going to be putting up some points....at some point he WILL end up on a line with Staal and playing on the first PP unit. So the second poster who said he would be amongst the WORST in point production missed the boat on that one.
So where will you rank him among these forwards ?

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
Kaizer said:
So where will you rank him among these forwards ?

I originally had him at around 6th since he's started to see some time in Carolina with 6G 2A in 16 games. But it doesn't look like anyone else has him ranked in their top 10.

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
tramelt said:
I originally had him at around 6th since he's started to see some time in Carolina with 6G 2A in 16 games. But it doesn't look like anyone else has him ranked in their top 10.

Don't get me wrong, Ladd will put up points, but there are probably going to be 10 guys from this list that are going to outscore him year after year.

tramelt

Mar 4, 2006
reidy said:
Is Patrick Eaves available?

He's available and doesn't look bad with 12G and 5A in 37 games. Although I don't have him in my top 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad