Rank Canucks Powerplay

Rank it

• Total voters

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes looks like it could be a good trio, but I'm still not sure if Hughes will take the job full time from Edler, and I'm not sure how the other two will fair. They could really use someone who's good in front of the net like prime Kesler was. Horvat has the tools where you think he would be, but he's really not that good and might be better suited to the 2nd unit. I like Miller's game so far but we'll have to see how well he meshes with the others as well. I suspect it will be fairly inconsistent throughout the year, at times looking dominant and at others really struggling and end up somewhere in the middle of the pack. They were 22nd last year. I think they can bring it up to the 16-20 range.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
That so called powerplay unit has played a total of zero games together as a unit. When Hughes and Pettersson was together, we did not have Boeser yet. When Boeser was back and Pettersson played with him on the PP, Hughes was scratched and resting, and since then Boeser is on concussion protocal. Tonight was just Pettersson and Hughes 2nd time sharing a game together, and it has looked alright, but again this time not the full set, as no Boeser and no JT Miller. Personally I found that when Ferland on the unit with Pettersson looked real good. Keep JT with Horvat on the 2nd unit.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I don’t even think Hughes will be on the first unit. Not to start the season anyway.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
My opinion only. At best 20th, at worst 25th. Too much inexperience with that young group to compete with teams with just as skilled (if not more) players, with much more experience

Teams with better PP's:
Boston
Buffalo
Calgary
Chicago
Colorado
Dallas
Florida
Edmonton
Nashville
New Jersey
New York (Rangers)
Philedelphia
Pittsburgh
San Jose
St. Louis
Tampa
Toronto
Washington
Winnipeg

Teams with ~equal PP's:
Arizona
Carolina
Montreal
New York (Islanders)
Vegas

Teams with worse PP's:
Anaheim
Columbus
Detroit
L.A
Minnesota
Ottawa

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I see they ranked 3rd when play stopped. That is surprising. Not sure if that was sustainable (hard to watch West games) but the good news is many of their key guys have not peaked so there is room for improvement.

I went 6-10 based on results because sometimes the sum is greater than the parts.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Never expected it to be top five given all the good power plays in the league.
I voted 11-15 but hadn’t expected JT Miller and Hughes to have such a big impact. Can’t wait to see Hughes continue to improve as the QB.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I still find it hard to believe it ended up so high given how it looked throughout the season. I underestimated them, but it still looked far more disjointed at times than you'd expect from a team connecting on that percentage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad