• Sam Gagner/Ryan Spooner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Others, please list

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
In terms of sheer impact, it has to be the Virtanen draft, although the reasoning is (arguably) more forgivable than some of the other items on the list. But it was another where collective HFBoards wisdom was well ahead of this richly-paid executive.

Utica management may ultimately prove the most damaging, depending on where you stand on the nature-vs-nurture debate with prospects.

Sutter, Sbisa and Beagle contracts are all up there too.

Reactions: timw33 and lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's somewhat stunning, looking at this long list and seeing so many truly bad moves remaining after the top 5.

Reactions: Jyrki21

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
It's getting hard to choose. Went with the Sutter contract, but not totally sure of my vote, tbh.

May have to use the "change my vote" option after I've heard people weigh in a bit.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It's getting hard to choose. Went with the Sutter contract, but not totally sure of my vote, tbh.

First ever retroactive NTC in NHL history, and highest paid player who had never put up more than 35-points. It's a compelling argument for sure.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I selected Hamhuis simply because that player should have returned a late 1st. Something we needed earlier in a rebuild.

Chicago was rumoured in on him with the assets they eventually gave up for Ladd (Dano and a 1st). We had not even approached Hamhuis to waive, something that should have been discussed at length the previous September. They overrated the team and did not even consider the possibility of being a seller. The disaster was made worse after Dallas gamed us and we ended up not resigning the player and he left as UFA. Up against the cap Sbisa's contract possibly precluded bringing back Hamhuis.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not sure why the Hamhuis trade is winning this poll with the Virtanen draft pick still there. What we could've got for Hamhuis via trade wouldn't have really had any massive effect on the team moving forward.

Passing on Nylander/Ehlers however...

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
Voting for the JT Miller trade from a risk management standpoint. That 1st pick has potential to be a lottery pick. Just completely misreading where this team is at and what we need going forward to be successful. To me it exposes the almost metaphysical level of incompetence that this management / ownership group possesses.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Voting for the JT Miller trade from a risk management standpoint. That 1st pick has potential to be a lottery pick. Just completely misreading where this team is at and what we need going forward to be successful. To me it exposes the almost metaphysical level of incompetence that this management / ownership group possesses.

So you are castigating JB because the pick COULD be a lotto pick and Miller MIGHT not be worth the cost and then suggest that Miller isn't what this team needs. Way to stay positive...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00