Rumor: Rangers Willing to Trade Lafreniere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Very doubtful this is based on anything they actually heard from the Rangers, Drury wouldn't let something like that slip

Reactions: egelband

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Complete bullshit. I literally don’t believe this rumor in the slightest. Nobody trades an elite prospect , 1st overall, because he’s not dominating the NHL after 100 games.

Trade deadline can’t come soon enough so this thread will die.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'd be relieved if it would finally shut everyone up about him, but seeing how many posts are about Jack Hughes on here, I doubt that would happen.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
The legitimacy of the source here notwithstanding, I certainly would be disappointed if Lafreniere was traded but I would understand it for a big enough and right type of return. The Rangers have no cap space after this season and they need a 2C 2RW and maybe a 1LHD who are cup caliber players. So if they can bring back 2 of those 3 using him as the center piece with draft picks and minor league prospects to get players that are young and signed to reasonable contracts and cup worthy I can see why Drury would do it. They Rangers have a lot of pieces in place yet they have some pieces that are redundant.

Reactions: ArPanet

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Like I've said... I'd consider it for Wright and/or Cooley. that's it though.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
True or not, it says young elite cost controlled talent. I would add center to that description and honestly say, as it should be. I love Laf and think he’s coming along but he’s not untouchable for an elite cost controlled young center, IMO.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005

Lafreniere's name remains out there...Arizona for Chychrun?​

I wrote this about a month ago, but the Rangers ARE indeed not keep Alex as an untouchable player...The Rangers are taking LOTS of calls and listening...Montreal one of those teams for certain...
Source: Eklund

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Would be idiotic AF. You don't trade prospects like Laf or Kakko so soon, no matter how bad they have been so far. The optics themselves would be awful.

First 1OA in franchise history since when, trade him after two years? lol

Unless they get P. Kane of cource.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
The only scenario that seems somewhat plausible in terms of trading Laf, is if it's during the offseason or at the draft, where he brings back another prospect or young player that's a center.

Trading Laf at the TDL for a rental seems very reckless.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Idk what annoys me more Laf and Kakko’s actual play or the fact that the way they’ve played has them in trade talks every week. Holy crap can one of them break out already so we don’t have to keep hearing shit like this forever and so Habs fans don’t keep proposing to trade for him on here

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’d be pissed if he goes now.

Can’t even bring myself to read this thread on the main trade boards cuz of the awful proposals

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
You know looking at the sellers out there.....We match up with Anaheim really really well for potential pieces they would want and what we would want. Would a Kakko or Laffy and other prospects and picks be on the table for some sort of a Zegras, Troy Terry and Rakell combination? I mean 2 of these guys are cost controlled pieces for this year and next. Thats big considering our cap situation. Lastly both Zegras and Terry play/can play the Center position.

Also the regime that drafted Laffy and Kakko are no longer here. You often see new GMs turning over some roster pieces ro make their own stamp on the team.

Last edited:

Morten

May 24, 2014
Sounds like a load of horseshit to get easy clicks, no team would give up young elite talent for a struggling Laf, and Drury wont trade our 1st overall pick 100 games into his career, I can't believe people think there is something to this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino