Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callafan24

Sep 22, 2010
New York City
I've been a supporter for Glass in the sense that I do not recall one instance where his bad play led directly to a Rangers loss.

Now, I may have missed one, but I do not recall him being the direct result of a loss.

Go re-watch Brad Richards' GWG against us a few weeks ago.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
We are getting close to that time where if this team doesn't start playing ther game again, finding it in the playoffs will be a stretch. IMO

I'm all for conserving energy and "finding" ways to win... But at some point you can't think theyre gonna just flip a switch and everything will be amazing again.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Chance to clinch the Metro tonight. From New Year's Day to today - what a run.

EDIT: I'm terrible at posting pictures.

stand.php

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The only person on this team that could realisticly fight Byfuglien and not get killed are Girardi, Kreider and Nash, none of whom I'd want breaking their fingers against his helmet

Glass would get killed and its not even close

Good

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Point aren't everything, Auf. How's his joke telling? I bet he doesn't fluff the pillow at the hotel very well either. There are just some things in hockey we'll never understand because we aren't part of the deep bond created by traveling the country playing pro hockey.

Well Glass has the traveling the country part down

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
10 days back, some posters here were so cocky, no need to worry when play that string of games against teams fighting for merely the Wild Card (LA, Ottawa, Bruins, Caps, Jets, Wild), we'll roll right over them

Now we need to win tonight to just break even in those 6

These are good teams who've been inconsistent, whose season hasn't gone as they'd have liked.
Like NYR before mid-December

NYR are a good team who found their game for the 2d half.
This league has genuine parity among the top 20 teams

We haven't played great regularly in a couple weeks (note I couldnt watch the Ottawa game)

Wild will be tough.
Now they're actually battling the 'Hawks for position - the same Hawks who were listed as 2d favorite for the Cup, behind NYR, by Vegas.

Team needs to get back the game they were playing a couple weeks back, where they kept the opponent's offense wide, were clearing the D zone reliably, and allowed 1 goal or less consistently.
Starting tonight, and for another, say, 10 weeks

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I copied this excerpt from Brooks, lmao:

James Sheppard is scheduled to be the healthy scratch up front with Jesper Fast joining Dom Moore and Tanner Glass on a fourth line the coach acknowledged “needs to spend more time in the other end and less time in our end.”

Yep Glass will help out there.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
4th lines number one job is not to create turmoil or energy or forecheck pressure. I've said this time and time again 4th lines number one job is to NOT get scored on while giving a solid 10 mins or so.

Our fourth line gets tagged for goals against almost nightly. And it's primarily due to Tanner Glass.

At some point AV has to do what's best for the team. Right now he's hurting us.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
A win tonight clinches the division. The Wild are on a roll. Should be a good game. Hoping to see Hayes get MSL going again, and maybe, just maybe, see Nash play with some measure of fire.

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
Glass is our 4th line LW in the playoffs unless something drastic happens, like AV or Sather sitting on a bench by the sea and realizing that he's a very limited player. The fact that we've traded a winger who was considerably better than him (Stempniak) and are dropping Sheppard from the lineup shows that he's got a spot for the long haul. :facepalm:

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's really nice that we traded Stempniak for nothing and then got Sheppard for a 4th. Waiving Tanner Glass would have given us more cap space than trading Stempniak.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
Loffen, it's half past six. Are you stuck on a mountain lodge with no wifi working your way through an easter egg? GDT! :)

This one has already become a backup Glass thread.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Wild fan in peace here.

I came over to see to spy on the enemy and geesus you guys talk about Glass a lot!:laugh:

I'll guess I'll chime in and say I hope he gets more ice time than any other player;)

He'll be our Trojan horse tonight. We'll need it...

Here's to a good game!

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Glass is our 4th line LW in the playoffs unless something drastic happens, like AV or Sather sitting on a bench by the sea and realizing that he's a very limited player. The fact that we've traded a winger who was considerably better than him (Stempniak) and are dropping Sheppard from the lineup shows that he's got a spot for the long haul. :facepalm:

So now that it's established, can we shut up about it and discuss something else? Its really annoying, and you can't escape it because no matter what thread you open, there's a Glass discussion, repeating the same thing. You are not adding anything new either, just a bunch of clowns repeating each other.

Why does every thread need to get hijacked by the same few clowns who get off on crapping on him? We all know your opinion. For 9 months, you've logged on every hour to tell us he's the worst player in hockey.

Why do you still feel the need to hijack every f---king thread to repeat what you said dozens of times and your fellow Glass haters said thousands of times? If you have an uncontrollable need to post Glass hate, do it in his own thread, don't post it anywhere and everywhere. I don't need to hear how much you hate Glass and McIlrath in all the threads, stop hijacking them!

Last edited:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
So now that it's established, can we shut up about it and discuss something else? Its really annoying, and you can't escape it because no matter what thread you open, there's a Glass discussion, repeating the same thing. You are not adding anything new either, just a bunch of clowns repeating each other.

Why does every thread need to get hijacked by the same few clowns who get off on crapping on him? We all know your opinion. For 9 months, you've logged into this board every hour to tell us he's the worst player in hockey.

Why do you still feel the need to hijack every f---king thread to repeat what you sad dozens of times and your fellow Glass haters said thousands of times? If you have an uncontrollable need to post Glass hate, do it in his own thread, don't post it anywhere and everywhere. I don't need to hear how much you hate Glass and McIlrath in every thread, stop hijacking them!

Hey man, I just wanted you to know that Tanner Glass is probably the worst hockey player ever. I hope you don't mind.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
FWIW Im pretty damn sure McIlrath would have better all around numbers as 4LW than Tanner Glass has. And you know he might actually stand up for teammates instead of making useless hits and getting involved in ill-timed fights.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
FWIW Im pretty damn sure McIlrath would have better all around numbers as 4LW than Tanner Glass has. And you know he might actually stand up for teammates instead of making useless hits and getting involved in ill-timed fights.

Oh my God, what have I done, I've opened a McIlrath can of worms and dumped it into the Glass can of worms. I'm sorry, I apologize, please make it stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad