Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs Toronto Friday October 30 7:00 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
May as well not even play since the Leafs are gonna set up shop all night in our zone :shakehead

AV knows Babcock's system well. I'm expecting a slow-ish start since we've had the whole week off, and then we'll get our game going

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
But the poster you were responding to was talking about the possession game not goals allowed.

I don't recall quoting someone. Scroll up for yourself to see. Usually you quote someone when you are responding to a particular person. No?

When you don't quote someone aren't you just making a statement of your opinion?

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Their goaltending is worse this year? They have the exact same two guys. Maybe their goalies have played worse so far but their goaltending isn't any worse.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
So... Is their goaltending worse or not as of right now? Our goaltending was definitely worse at the start of last year...

No it is not worse. It is the same. His previous years numbers are more relevant to his numbers going forward than his [Bernier] numbers in 5 games this year. Their goaltending has been worse so far but it is not any worse in terms of true talent.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
No it is not worse. It is the same. His previous years numbers are more relevant to his numbers going forward than his [Bernier] numbers in 5 games this year. Their goaltending has been worse so far but it is not any worse in terms of true talent.

That is fine... that is really all I was saying. It wouldn't be incorrect if I said Rick Nash has been worse this year. Is he worse overall? No. But to start this year he has been worse.

This insatiable need to nit pick words is becoming disgustingly annoying.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
That is fine... that is really all I was saying. It wouldn't be incorrect if I said Rick Nash has been worse this year. Is he worse overall? No. But to start this year he has been worse.

This insatiable need to nit pick words is becoming disgustingly annoying.

It's not really nit picking words. It's a massive difference. Tuukka Rask has been awful so far this year but goaltending is still a strength for the Bruins. He's been one of the best goalies in the league for a few years now. If you go into a game playing Boston it's not like "Yes! We get to fact Tuukka Rask today! Easy goals!"

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It's not really nit picking words. It's a massive difference. Tuukka Rask has been awful so far this year but goaltending is still a strength for the Bruins. He's been one of the best goalies in the league for a few years now. If you go into a game playing Boston it's not like "Yes! We get to fact Tuukka Rask today! Easy goals!"

You just put Tukka Rask in the same conversation as Bernier. Tukka is a much better goaltender.

It absolutely is nitpicking. Is Rick Nash worse so far this year or is he not? Simple question.

jacko23

Lurkers unite!
Jul 8, 2007
Lehigh Valley, PA
o-MAPLE-LEAFS-570.jpg

Yeah, yeah; Glass houses.

if i were him, id wife that girl in a freaking hart beat!!! Cup or no Cup! as for her, id run if that was a legitimate stipulation for marriage.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I see this being a very ugly game. We really struggle against good corsi teams, even ones that overall aren't that great.

Every game we played against Carolina last year made me wanna tear my eyes out. Carolina is the poster team for corsi team that isn't that great. It's been the Leafs so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad