Pre-Game Talk: Rangers Vs Leafs, Tuesday, Feb 10 @7:30

• Thread starter leafstilldeath*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

Looking at these kids... Being a proud member of Tank Nation this season I just start asking myself....

"To Tank" or "Not To Tank"

Kids will understand that its for the betterment of the leafs and a chance at the cup right?

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I have been thinking about this tank situation for a few weeks now.

I am one of those that always cheers for the team to win, always, no matter what. But I also get why so many are not upset (and in many cases happy) with losses.

I think there are two aspects here:

(1) Fan of the team, (2) Fan of the franchise

As a fan of the team, I cheer for them game in game out to win... cause I am a fan. As a fan of the franchise, I do feel the losses are more beneficial right now (for 2 reasons; should allow us to get rid of some dead weight, and a better pick of course).

So I think there is room for both, one with a short term view (team) and one with a long term view (franchise). Yes they do clash sometimes, but I don't think you can fault either view.

With that in mind, hoping for a win!

GO LEAFS ;-)

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON

Looking at these kids... Being a proud member of Tank Nation this season I just start asking myself....

Kids will understand that its for the betterment of the leafs and a chance at the cup right?

They'll cry now, but they'll cry even more when they see McDavid hoisting the cup.

Bionda

AL East Champions
Dec 31, 2007
Toronto, ON
Those kids deserve a competent team. When I was a kid during the Sundin years, it was a thrill to root for a competent hockey team. I want the same for these wee ones coming up.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

"please tank, please tank, please tank"

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
2782075-5348157470-10996.jpg

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Kids that age don't really care if they win or lose, it's all about the spectacle. Going to the rink, smelling the chestnuts or popcorn, seeing all the people, fist bumping big guys on skates in fancy outfits. It could have been Barney and they would have been happy. That said, the Rangers are going to have the Leafs singing the "clean up" song by the 2nd period as they collect the leafs sweaters off the ice.

On with the tank.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I have been thinking about this tank situation for a few weeks now.

I am one of those that always cheers for the team to win, always, no matter what. But I also get why so many are not upset (and in many cases happy) with losses.

I think there are two aspects here:

(1) Fan of the team, (2) Fan of the franchise

As a fan of the team, I cheer for them game in game out to win... cause I am a fan. As a fan of the franchise, I do feel the losses are more beneficial right now (for 2 reasons; should allow us to get rid of some dead weight, and a better pick of course).

So I think there is room for both, one with a short term view (team) and one with a long term view (franchise). Yes they do clash sometimes, but I don't think you can fault either view.

With that in mind, hoping for a win!

GO LEAFS ;-)

Fan of the team? I am not a fan of these bunch of sorry saps that are donning the Leafs jersey right now so I couldn't care less if they lose.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
No guarantees Clarkson will return to Leafs lineup

Leafs interim head coach Peter Horachek hinted that he would stick with the lineup that beat the Edmonton Oilers 5-1 at the ACC on Saturday night, the Leafs’ first win in 12 games.

“I have not made the final decision but usually if you have a winning combination ...†Horachek said after practice on Monday.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/02/09/no-guarantees-clarkson-will-return-to-leafs-lineup

2nd yr of his contract and he can't even make the 4th line and with his NTC he cant even be sent down to the minors to save the Leafs $900k in cap.

I am so frustrated with Ninas about this.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
You haven't been for the last 2 years? I'm waiting for the day where we don't have 4 threads discussing the guy. It's pretty apparent that noone likes the contract, and currently there is nothing we can do about it.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Nonis deserves to be fired for this move alone. Any casual hockey fan could of told you he was not worth something like that, and us fans who follow more closely could tell instantly. How does a professional who's job is to follow hockey not ****ing know this?

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Nonis deserves to be fired for this move alone. Any casual hockey fan could of told you he was not worth something like that, and us fans who follow more closely could tell instantly. How does a professional who's job is to follow hockey not ****ing know this?

He though MacTavish was serious in his bid for him so he must have missed something?:sarcasm:

Rmac82

Jan 17, 2012
No doubt we'll win this one just to put a kink in the bid for a top 3 draft pick. Couple of things:

a) Reimer should get the start. He played well against the Oilers and played well in relief of Bernier in Nashville (a game he should have stayed in)

b) Clarkson is terrible. He should be scratched. Nobody will want his contract so maybe they can drop him out of the plane on the next road trip.

c) Leafs win this one 4-3. A big game from Santorelli and Winnik....Kessel extends his goal streak to 2 games...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad