Pre-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Jets 10/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Fast deserves to play over Glass ... it honestly makes no sense ..

seriously it isn't even close ... Glass is just terrible

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think this users take on Mark Stuart's situation is similar to Tanner Glass is regards to what he brings to the table outside of having a great Corsi metric attached to his name.

The rest of this post in context can be found here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=79352789&postcount=1

Point being here is that AV has a reason to play Tanner Glass for reasons that aren't directly related to how good or bad his personal Corsi metrics are.

I hate to use terms like grit, toughness, sandpaper, etc. But Glass does bring these intangibles. AV wants that in the lineup against certain teams.

Tanner Glass sucks, we all know this. But why is it so difficult for people to understand what his role is on this hockey team when we play against certain teams?

Are you suggesting giving the coach the benefit of the doubt!? Madness. Stop it.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
A team that is competing for the stanley cup shouldn't have a player like glass in the line up regularly

I love fighting in hockey but Glass doesn't even fight nor does he win when he does fight.

He doesn't win any board battles and almost always seems to be in the wrong spot. His Hockey IQ as to where the puck is gonna be etc... is ZERO !

Wolfy*

Gotta watch this, if you missed it. Now we understand why Fast is benched :laugh:

And...Glass alert, in case you are allergic.

[NHL]845230[/NHL]

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
1. Lies. He lied the other day saying Fast was "banged up" to avoid taking heat for putting Tanner in. The man is a snake and lying is second nature to him

2. Fluke. 5+ seasons of play from Tanner Glass have proven he is in the bottom 1% of players in the league and might just be the single worst player getting regular time.

3. No where near as much as Glass though. AV loves Tanner more than his wife and kids.

The man is a snake and lying is second nature to him? Damn, any reason to make it personal? :amazed:

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Gotta watch this, if you missed it. Now we understand why Fast is benched :laugh:

And...Glass alert, in case you are allergic.

[NHL]845230[/NHL]

LMFAO...

Brassard is a stats geek

Fast hates football

Hank made wifey mad

Glass pays too much attention to football

Hayes is a dork

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
To play devil's advocate, Glass did play well against the Blue Jackets. He's earned himself another game, although it's most likely that that game was a fluke performance for Glass and he'll regress to his mean. Maybe another scratch will motivate Fast to step up his play and reclaim his spot in the lineup.

A pissed off, motivated Jesper Fast could be a very good thing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Did anyone else get the impression last year that AV liked Fast? I just don't see him putting in Glass for him long term, no matter how much he likes Glass.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I agree about the punch-counterpunch aspect. The Rangers are going to have to strike quickly off the rush this game, and with the risky play from Buff and Myers especially I think we will see some odd-man situations. Especially if we get a lead.

They've got a few players on their defense that don't cover sticks in front of the net. If you look at the Brassard PP goal from the last game, Johnson should have kept Brassard's stick tied instead of looking dazed and confused. WPG has a couple of guys like that.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
images

Keith Yandle

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
To play devil's advocate, Glass did play well against the Blue Jackets. He's earned himself another game, although it's most likely that that game was a fluke performance for Glass and he'll regress to his mean. Maybe another scratch will motivate Fast to step up his play and reclaim his spot in the lineup.

A pissed off, motivated Jesper Fast could be a very good thing.

A lot of people are missing this aspect of the equation. It can be very valuable to a young player who, after a successful rookie year, maybe isn't playing quite up to standard. To have that young player sit out a few games and feel like he has to earn his spot in the lineup back can be really important for that player's short term and long term development.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
A lot of people are missing this aspect of the equation. It can be very valuable to a young player who, after a successful rookie year, maybe isn't playing quite up to standard. To have that young player sit out a few games and feel like he has to earn his spot in the lineup back can be really important for that player's short term and long term development.

Bingo. :clap:

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Don't know what games you're watching, no offense.

Fantastic? :shakehead

Yup, he has. You two are the ONLY ones bashing on him. So I'm not sure what you too are seeing? I dont want to , but if I look back at your history, am i going to see you two bashing him every game? I think yes..

Sorry guys, but PLEASE, just watch the game, dont look at the "advanced" stats, just WATCH the game and tell me how he is playing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yup, he has. You two are the ONLY ones bashing on him. So I'm not sure what you too are seeing? I dont want to , but if I look back at your history, am i going to see you two bashing him every game? I think yes..

Sorry guys, but PLEASE, just watch the game, dont look at the "advanced" stats, just WATCH the game and tell me how he is playing.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing but Machinehead bashes every defenseman not named Yandle.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

I have. He's not moving the puck well, he's easily pinned in his own zone, he's shoddy on the forecheck...

This is assuming you realize he's slow, lost a step, and is not a quick decision maker on the ice

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Put Etem in then. He could use a game or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad