Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs. Coyotes - Fri 12/14/18 - 7:00PM EST

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I think the ADA penalty was worse. Just saying.

They've been destroying themselves a lot with mindless mental mistakes. ADA needs to cut his crap out if he wants to remain on the team much less the league.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
He’s really not. It’s one game, and everyone is gushing over Stepan.

But I don’t expect anything else from hfboards.
He has 31 GP and 15 points after a 3 point night. He scores in less than half the games he is in. Repeat. he fails to affect the score sheet in more than half of the games he is in
He had one single assist in the previous 4 games.
Before last night:
14 GP 5 points
19 GP 7 pt

His team is actually lower in the standings than us.

He makes just 1.5 M less than Hank.

You are correct.

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
I actually cheered when Arizona tied for 3 reasons

A) It was more Hank's fault on the goal so it wasn't the team making a really bad play.
B) I took the over on my parlay.
C) Arizona wouldn't fall behind us by two points in the standings

Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
The OEL blast was a knucklepuck AND he got absolutely all of it, as Stepan did. He got beat by two absolute snipes. Blaming the goaltender on those is just asinine.
Typical passive aggressive nevesis way of absolving Hank completely while insulting anyone who thinks otherwise. What a shock.

How bout this one for once nev?

An 8.5 M goalie has to make the save on an unscreened shot from a less than optimum angle when there are no passing options

Lol, easy to say that from your coach.
Normally I wouldn't nail a typo but it's worth noting that, starting with this, literally everything in your post is wrong. It's called a couch

That Stepan shot was a perfect snipe. No goalie stops that.
Somehow it's always the most perfect, impossible to stop shot. Those happen so frequently that it makes me wonder why we should ever pay a goalie huge money again since they can so frequently face literally unstoppable shots that no goalie on Earth could ever save.

We had our chances, and failed. Simple as that.

Why do you gladly point to the skaters having chances and failing but you don't point to hank having a chance to make the save and failing? Oh, right. "Perfect shot. No goalie could ever blah blah blah blah"

Just to be crystal clear

The loss is not solely Hank's fault, I'm not even mad about the loss, he made some amazing saves like the one in OT.

I just take umbrage when i see garbage left at my metaphorical doorstep.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
8 pts. away from Hughes I don`t complain. Hawks got a point in OT as well. :)

I admit though it was something special for Stepan - he was on fire last night! ;)

klingsor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Manhattan
Visit site
Thank you MSG network.

Was out last night and messed up the DVR setting so I got the replay.

Fortunately, they bottom-lined the final score when the Rags (yes , the Rags until further notice for me) were up 1-0 in the first so I didn't have to suffer through the balance of the game.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Surprising loss. But you see a pattern here, they have a huge lead but collapse in the 3rd. They run out of gas after 30 minutes of play and don't have the strength to last 60. It's typical though, with all those kids in the lineup. Coach is trying to compensate by playing Zibanejad 25:10 and Zucc 22:30 :eek:

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Somehow it's always the most perfect, impossible to stop shot. Those happen so frequently that it makes me wonder why we should ever pay a goalie huge money again since they can so frequently face literally unstoppable shots that no goalie on Earth could ever save.

Why do you gladly point to the skaters having chances and failing but you don't point to hank having a chance to make the save and failing? Oh, right. "Perfect shot. No goalie could ever blah blah blah blah"

Just to be crystal clear

The loss is not solely Hank's fault, I'm not even mad about the loss, he made some amazing saves like the one in OT.

I just take umbrage when i see garbage left at my metaphorical doorstep.

THIS is EXACTLY the reason I was incensed when we signed Hank to that ridiculous contract. There is only so much a great goaltender can do for a team. It's limited. You need to pay scores/skaters because THOSE are the guys who WIN you games.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Surprising loss. But you see a pattern here, they have a huge lead but collapse in the 3rd. They run out of gas after 30 minutes of play and don't have the strength to last 60. It's typical though, with all those kids in the lineup. Coach is trying to compensate by playing Zibanejad 25:10 and Zucc 22:30 :eek:
We're a 20-minute team. That's it.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I've called out Henrik many times...he's let in some horrible goals over the years...he wasn't why we lost tonight...I'm surprised so many people thought he was. The rangers just stopped playing after they scored their 3rd.
A combination of the two.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Thank you MSG network.

Was out last night and messed up the DVR setting so I got the replay.

Fortunately, they bottom-lined the final score when the Rags (yes , the Rags until further notice for me) were up 1-0 in the first so I didn't have to suffer through the balance of the game.
I have the NHL subscription and the game went out before the OT. I got a "The game will begin shortly" message at the end of the 3rd so I had to listen the OT and didn't see it. Don't care enough to even watch the replay. I don't have the stomach for it anyway.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
we should look into collapsing a few minutes earlier and start blowing games in regulation to avoid the loser point. if we win thats one thing but losing and still getting a point is not cool

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’ve said the same elsewhere. Anyone who thinks that just by signing Panarin in the offseason, the Rangers will be a playoff team next year is fooling themselves. The defense has a long way to go, which is why I’m leaning against signing him.

This is easily a bottom five team at season’s end. We’re just going to agave the patience to watch this team get there.

I’m sure you understand how development of prospects impacts how team’s performance improves season over season so regardless, signing Panarin should be viewed in the context of the next 6-7 years, not a mere a year into the future.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So seems the King is entering a mere mortal good goalie realm after being god-like to carry this team off the gate.

Last night the Rangers lost a sure 2nd point to another team vying for more balls in Hughes lottery. Morning after the sting should wore off a bit - let’s step back and be content.

Reactions: Larrybiv

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m sure you understand how development of prospects impacts how team’s performance improves season over season so regardless, signing Panarin should be viewed in the context of the next 6-7 years, not a mere a year into the future.
Yup. Honestly i was against signing Panarin, only in fear that we wouldimorove too fast. I changed my mind. After this years draft is done......a few new additions here and there from within organization, signing Panarin would just give our young Rangers a little more "team confidence". We wont beat the world, but would be well on our way to being more competitive in as much as talent on the ice. Thing is, will he really want to tough it out with a less than good team? Still say 2020 is our year to really start getting it together. A lot has to go right though. Will Hank even be standing?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
So seems the King is entering a mere mortal good goalie realm after being god-like to carry this team off the gate.

Last night the Rangers lost a sure 2nd point to another team vying for more balls in Hughes lottery. Morning after the sting should wore off a bit - let’s step back and be content.
Losing to some of these teams behind us, is a very good thing. Dont want to widen the gap too much, as some of them my not be good enough to recover.

When and if we lose Hayes......this current team will really be offensively and even more defensively challenged than they already are. Zuccha losing offense, sucks defensively. Hate saying that, but it is true.

Who becomes our 2nd line center? A rookie? Strome? Namestnikov would be our best case, imo.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Losing to some of these teams behind us, is a very good thing. Dont want to widen the gap too much, as some of them my not be good enough to recover.

When and if we lose Hayes......this current team will really be offensively and even more defensively challenged than they already are. Zuccha losing offense, sucks defensively. Hate saying that, but it is true.

Who becomes our 2nd line center? A rookie? Strome? Namestnikov would be our best case, imo.

Ummmmmm set up an easy goal and set up what should've been two more easy goals on the doorstep.

He's going to get traded and we all love him but this is just ridic

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
You should consider the possibility that the players aren't good enough.

Our highest skill guys who would excel in 3 v 3 are all super young and inexperienced. On a side note, our D is either old or extremely young and inexperienced.

I strongly suspect these things correlate with our OT woes and our blown leads.

Hank also gave up at least one he should have had

Henrik in the OT has been excellent. It's a stylistic difference. We have some talent. The issue is the lack of cycling to exploit in the offensive zone. The puck is along the boards and being contests like it's 5 on 5 way too much.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It seems like some people think a knuckle puck blast, top shelf, that a shooter gets all of, is now an easy read for a goaltender?

It’s fair to break down what type of shot it was, where it was from. Hank talked about it in the post game. OEL ripped it. A knucklepuck that was a blast and perfectly placed top corner. To act as if this was some floater from the blue line unscreened is what some of these comments reflect. A total joke.

I especially find it funny that random people (looking at you @shinchanuuhh) surface for what seems the first time this season yet are no where to be found when Hank has been in absolute beast since the start of the season.

This is classic behavior of many who love to show up in threads only when specific players have bad games or only to post something negative about a player.

The timing of when the goal was scored, the fact that it tied the game and eventually lead to a loss is what those harp on, without even trying to look at it in a vacuum for what it actually was.

You take that same shot, with the Rangers up 5-0 and a few minutes left in the 3rd and no one is killing Hank for it. It’s situational, and because it hurt some fans, they irrationally look to place blame on a sole player without recognizing the team as a whole for failing in multiple areas, especially forgetting how to play hockey in the 3rd period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad