Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Vancouver Dec 13-14

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
I would start Hank tomorrow.

3 points out of a playoff spot and our next game is against Edmonton.

He wasn't tested much outside of the 3rd and we have had all this time off.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Are people starting to believe me about Fast yet?

He sucks, bro. He wasn't a standout in his first 20 games, therefore he's garbage.

Seriously, though, he was insanely impressive tonight, and has been impressive overall lately. Don't like when Sam was talking about how Hayes/Miller have contributed but not Fast. Fast looks like a keeper.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Glad to be able to check Vancouver off my list of places to watch the Rangers play. Wish that game was more competitive though. The Canucks looked like absolute garbage and it killed the whole vibe in the arena. Terrible game from those dudes.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I think by the end of the year we'll see this

Zucc-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Fast-Moore-Stempniak
Duclair

Projected 4th line totals over 82 GP Season:

Fast: 10g 16 A 26 P
Moore 3g 24 A 27 P
Stempniak 17g 20 A 37 P

I'm biased, but I still can't really find a weakness in these forward corps. Maybe they're lacking that truly elite centerman, but they have a decent 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th line centermen. If a player in the top 6 is struggling, swap him with a guy in the bottom 6 like they did with Kreider and not miss a beat.

Now if they can find a defense partner for Staal...

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

Zucc-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Fast-Moore-Stempniak
Duclair

Moore 3g 24 A 27 P
Stempniak 17g 20 A 37 P

I'm biased, but I still can't really find a weakness in these forward corps. Maybe they're lacking that truly elite centerman, but they have a decent 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th line centermen. If a player in the top 6 is struggling, swap him with a guy in the bottom 6 like they did with Kreider and not miss a beat.

We're stacked at forward. **** an "elite C". We're deep at every position up front with Fast/Miller/Hayes contributing like they have been. Stepan's already fourth on the team in scoring despite playing half the games of everyone else, anyway, guy's a stud.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Id put Hank back in as well, get a groove going. Get a damn 3 game winning streak also!! We havent had one since Oct 16-21, almost 2 months ago...ouch

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
i want to vote for everyone except J. Moore

Moore played fine. He was physical in front and willing to defend hags. He made smart plays all night and played the late 2 on 1 correctly by taking away the pass.

Knee jerk assessments of players nights based upon one play is understandable if you adhere to the narrative that he's the worst player on the ice. Before the game starts.

He was fine. The team destroyed a pretty solid opponent on the road.

He's your 6th dman. Period.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Hayes continues to impress, same goes for Fast. Hayes positioning is excellent and combined with his size and playmaking skills, his future looks bright, well done by management to convince him to go here. Fast is growing by the game and hopefullt he is the end of the Glass era.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Just watched the replay. What was up with all the breakaways? haha

Glad we have another game today, I'm on vacation. So I can catch the EDM game.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Zucc-Brassard-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-MSL
Hagelin-Hayes-Miller
Fast-Moore-Stempniak
Duclair

Moore 3g 24 A 27 P
Stempniak 17g 20 A 37 P

I don't see what is wrong with Dan Boyle. If you want to upgrade John Moore then that is a different discussion.

But I agree the Rangers have a strength in their offensive depth. That 4th line has a lot more offensive ability than the one we iced last season.

This team is very similar to last year's in that the personnel on hand has a lot of potential and it takes time for a team to develop, grow, and build a culture and identity for each season. The Canucks may be playing over their heads this year imo but they still went into last night's game with 38 points and the Rangers made them look like the Hurricanes. The Rangers were simply too fast for Vancouver and when they play like they did last night they are too fast for pretty much every team in the NHL. This is a good team we have on our hands. The Rangers have a favorable schedule in the next 10 games. They have a chance to really take off and start leaping over teams in the East. They need consistency. The infusion of youth has been a breath of fresh air. Miller has added some energy to the squad with his tenacious play. The Rangers need Hayes to continue to impress. Fast has been very steady and it is about time some fans are starting to realize this; he is an important part of this team. Keep moving forward. Beat Edmonton tonight.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Great win and a awesome start to the road trip :handclap: Now i am gonna watch my beloved United demolish Liverfool :yo:

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Glad to be able to check Vancouver off my list of places to watch the Rangers play. Wish that game was more competitive though. The Canucks looked like absolute garbage and it killed the whole vibe in the arena. Terrible game from those dudes.

Appeared to me the Vancouvers expected the Rangers to suck.
They learned something.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We're stacked at forward. **** an "elite C". We're deep at every position up front with Fast/Miller/Hayes contributing like they have been. Stepan's already fourth on the team in scoring despite playing half the games of everyone else, anyway, guy's a stud.

This. Im really happy with this lineup. Maybe if Duclair can eventually split time with Stemp...that would be lovely. Glass can sub in for 'tough' opponents.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Came here to post about Zuke. Not about his two goals (which were great) but what he has been doing defensively to cover for a pinching defenseman when the Rangers lose possession and their opponent is on rush with a potential man advantage. Zuke's tenacity and excellent defensive reads have been on display in these situations at least once or twice pretty much every game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad