Pre-Game Talk: Rangers v. Pens - Home and Home Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
So anxious to watch this game. Even if they lose I just want to see the same kind of offense showing up. Not expecting six goals but if they don't look like they have the poise that they did last night I'll be happy. Would not mind an OTL since it's Pittsburgh and we just beat them, but obviously rooting for an impressive home and home sweep.

alexb

Apr 5, 2013
Norway
Zuke gets 1g 1a tonight, mark my words! :nod:
We win 30 sec in OT

LGR!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

First post on the board, been a watcher for 3 years. guess it was time to post something...:sarcasm:

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Hate to be cliche but

blog_55444_1274861762.jpg

I'm guaranteeing it.

Substitute Messier hatty with Nash's first as a NYR. I can just feel it.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
The chickens will be a coming for some pay back tonight. Much better and tougher test for us. Bring it. These are the games the Rangers need to prove they can win.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Like a Pens-fan said on Nhl.com that he was worried about their defensemen. 3 of their 4 best defensemen are out. Letang and Martin also make alot of assists. Their defense and goalies showed weakness (low selfconfidence) last time and will do it again tonight. And since Crosby is lso out I cannot see Rangers losing this one.

The whole Pens-team are not close to the same team that dominated just a few days ago

Pens - NYR 2-7

Nash 3 goals

Well, that about wraps it up for us then, 6-1 loss incoming! :laugh:

It's really strange, we're playing the Pens in Pittsburgh and I'm actually excited for this one. It's all Twilight-Zoney in here!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
This game is enormous. As are all of them ahead.

• The Rangers are 5 points out of 5th place, but also 5 points away from 14th...
• 8 out of last 12 on the road (6-9-1 thus far)....
• 7 of last 12 against teams currently out of the playoffs...
• 2 back to back sets, but 2 sets of 2 days rest which will be needed.
• Tonight is the first game of 3 in 4 nights...
• With a game or two in hand against the teams in the race the Rangers need ROW's...

Would love two - but I'd be very happy with a point tonight, 3 out of 4 against the Pens in a home and home would be wonderful.

The Rangers have to build on the last game, and they are going to need to do that considering that Pittsburgh isnt going to play the way they did in MSG. They were asleep all night. The Rangers have to find an identity on the road during this roadtrip, unlike the last one. They have some players to do that now. (Really wish Dorsett was playing).

It would behoove this team to score first. 6th in the league in winning % when scoring first.

Last edited:

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Per Andrew Gross, same lineup as Wednesday. Lundqvist in. Gilroy, Hamrlik, Miller (wrist) out.

BarbaraAlphanse

I said it 2 days ago, will repeat. Rangers win 4-2 or 5-2. We're going 10-2 or 9-3 in the next 12.

Have some confidence people.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Without Letang and Martin, we need to forecheck the hell out of that slow, not very mobile defense tonight. They generate much of their offense from the defense and without those 2 and Crosby, it makes it easier for us, and we need to take advantage of it tonight.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
4-3 Rangers in a regulation win . I expect a bit more physical stuff tonight from the flightless birds . Murray can't be that bad again...or can he ? I also would love to see Asham tune Cooke if we can get up a couple late in the game...albeit very late . That in itself would send a message that we are not the same group as we were at the start of the season . It would also be really nice to see Pyatt and Boyle throw some weight around...stuff like that can go a long way in these 2 games series especially if the Pens are already bunged up .

Thumpz

Jan 5, 2011
Orlando FL
I think the team plays poorly tonight, but all hope is not lost!

Tonight's the night Hank. Tonight's the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad