Pre-Game Talk: Rangers v. Pens - Home and Home Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Had a dream that I turned on the game late, and with 13:23 to go in the first the score was 6-6 :facepalm:

I don't know what's more unlikely, the Rangers scoring six again, or Lundqvist giving up six goals.

Possibilities we see Vokoun tonight?

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
If we can win tonight, It'll inject a lot of confidence into the team.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Well.. realistically, one would have to say that the Rangers had an absolute top notch night (over-performing really), while the Pens were the exact opposite.

So while i am sure the Pens will be coming out looking for some payback, our hopes will have to rest on that the momentum from last game keeps the boys playing hard (and well).

Should be a very exciting match :)

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Forget people. hunting Penguins after a bad loss is by far the most dangerous game.

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Like a Pens-fan said on Nhl.com that he was worried about their defensemen. 3 of their 4 best defensemen are out. Letang and Martin also make alot of assists. Their defense and goalies showed weakness (low selfconfidence) last time and will do it again tonight. And since Crosby is lso out I cannot see Rangers losing this one.

The whole Pens-team are not close to the same team that dominated just a few days ago

Pens - NYR 2-7

Nash 3 goals

ranger_nick

May 4, 2007
Montreal
Like a Pens-fan said on Nhl.com that he was worried about their defensemen. 3 of their 4 best defensemen are out. Letang and Martin also make alot of assists. Their defense and goalies showed weakness (low selfconfidence) last time and will do it again tonight. And since Crosby is lso out I cannot see Rangers losing this one.

The whole Pens-team are not close to the same team that dominated just a few days ago

Pens - NYR 2-7

Nash 3 goals

all of a sudden we are a goal scoring machine?

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
You guys catched us in the right moment (for you). I was extremelly impressed with NYR´s play last game, but this is not the same team we used to be. Crosby, Martin and Letang are arguably our 3 best players this season and we are looking just lost without them. We were also probably a bit tired/lacking motivation. That said, I hope for a hard-fought game tonight. Better effort definitely gonna be there tonight by the Pens as last game was complete embarassment and they don´t want it to repeat.

Our playoffs matchup is also quite a possibility, I really don´t doubt about your team being in the playoffs. Gonna be a good one tonight!

KenGuru

Sep 14, 2010
Oslo, Norway
all of a sudden we are a goal scoring machine?

Yes, 10 goals in last 2 games. What do you think ? Incredible what selfconfidance will do to the new guys too.

But if Pens have had all their players available I would not been very positive

Vokun and Fleury are also struggling. If they were in good form I would only had hoped for 3-4 goals

Vinny

Aug 10, 2011
London
Funny how quick things change in people's mind, outside the canadiens, I fear the Pens the most of all teams in the NHL. Why did we win all of a sudden after being owned game after game is a riddle to me, maybe the new players? But I am not into the believe the Rangers could win another one vs this beast of a team that I hate so much. It seems the Pens have our number and maybe it has to do with the players they lost that we have a small chance maybe?

The Beezer

Jan 24, 2010
Jersey
If we should win again tonight (reguardless of score), I'm definitely going to be drinking the juice again that we are a legitimate Stanley Cup team.

I know, I'm setting myself up for a colassal letdown. :shakehead

Bardof425*

You guys catched us in the right moment (for you). I was extremelly impressed with NYR´s play last game, but this is not the same team we used to be. Crosby, Martin and Letang are arguably our 3 best players this season and we are looking just lost without them. We were also probably a bit tired/lacking motivation. That said, I hope for a hard-fought game tonight. Better effort definitely gonna be there tonight by the Pens as last game was complete embarassment and they don´t want it to repeat.

Our playoffs matchup is also quite a possibility, I really don´t doubt about your team being in the playoffs. Gonna be a good one tonight!

I would argue Kunitz and Dupuis are both better this year than Martin and since Letang has been in and out of the lineup; him too.

Parker

Mar 25, 2007
Binghamton, NY
It'll be interesting to see how this one goes.. Wednesday night was one of the best regular season games in recent memory. Hope they can keep up the momentum tonight but given the overall track record against the Pens lately I wouldn't be surprised to see it go the other way either.

Trou Trou Train

This is an Express train to Penn Station!
Aug 28, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hoping for a Rangers victory tonight obviously but I'm going to refrain from the score guessing game tonight. Let's go Rangers. Play like we did Wednesday night and I'll have a really good feeling about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille