Pre-Game Talk: Rangers v. Oilers 3/30/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
Honestly, having Carcillo on the forecheck with Nash may not be a bad idea...akin to having Avery playing with Jagr.
Thats true. that line desperately misses Kreider's forechecking/speed. Carcillo at least can bring some forecheck and toughness to that line

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't mind it. If Carcillo in the Top 6 sets us back against a joke of an Oilers team, we've got some problems. He's played on other team's 1st lines. Not saying it's the right move, but you could be me on Stepan's LW and we would still be expected to win this game.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Carcillo on the first is not a great move, but he finally put the Zuccarello line back together.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I just know that Carcillo is going to make that 1st line click like crazy. Coaching brilliance. (Fingers crossed)

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
That first game St Louis played on Richards line there was instant chemistry between them it then fizzled out from there. I think that line could be great for NYR, but tomo game will tell us for sure. Carrillo on the top line is interesting w his tough play and forechecking I think he could open space for Nash and Stepan, again time will tell tomorrow.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I don't mind it. If Carcillo in the Top 6 sets us back against a joke of an Oilers team, we've got some problems. He's played on other team's 1st lines. Not saying it's the right move, but you could be me on Stepan's LW and we would still be expected to win this game.
Yeah, but AV should be trying to dress the lineup that gives them the best chance to win each game.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why not try miller with Stepan and Nash? He didn't even try that.

Or if he thinks Miller was that bad, try Pouliot with Stepan and Nash.

Pouliot-Stepan-Nash
Hags-Richards-St Louis
Dorsett-Brassard-Zucc
Boyle-Moore-Carcillo

I was saying last night that Richards has looked good lately, one of our best forwards for a number of games now. I said now is the time to try him with St Louis again. I think that line can work very well,as long as Hagelin and Richie don't try to force everything to MSL.

Wolfy*

Can someone tell me what Miller did that was so bad?

He has zero experience up here, games are too important now. I can understand why AV wants to play Carcillo instead of Miller.

Besides, Brass and Zucc couldn't get anything going with him.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Why are they ****ing with miller so much, just send him to Hartford

FTFY.

MSL needs a finisher on his line. Hopefully Hagelin can be that guy, but why not try him with Pouliot's size and shot? Pouliot was also good for Richards, but it does break up the best line chemistry we've had in a while....

Hagelin - Stepan - Nash
Pouliot - Richards - MSL
Carcillo - Brassard - MZA
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett

Wolfy*

I like Carcillo With Nash....

I smell a good game from both guys in this one..

I hope he got the speed, and can handle the minutes.

Carcillo on the top line, risky move by AV, not exactly Torts hockey :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad