Pre-Game Talk: Rangers v. Oilers 3/30/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Why is Zucc-Stepan-Nash so out of the question? Zucc and Stepan have had a lot of chemistry, and IMO line that have looked the very best this season is Kreider-Stepan-Zucc.

And now Carcillo?????

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
JT Miller most likely a health scratch

From the looks of the lines JT Miller is going to be a scratch tomorrow in Edmonton and Carcillo will be playing the left wing on the Stepan line. Besides the fact that Carcillo doesn't belong on this line what do u think means for Miller and his future with the rangers? I feel like Miller hasn't been able to get a spot with the team because he doesn't really fit in AVs system as much as he did in Torts. Any possible effect on Richards buyout??? It's all connected. If the rangers don't feel confidence in Miller they will make a move in free agency for a center or even worse keep Richards. Sorry if I rambled a little to much

Wolfy*

Why is Zucc-Stepan-Nash so out of the question? Zucc and Stepan have had a lot of chemistry, and IMO line that have looked the very best this season is Kreider-Stepan-Zucc.

And now Carcillo?????

Because Brass and Zucc are in love ;)

Seriously, those two have good chemistry, and with Pouliot back we have that successful line again.

1st, 2nd or 3rd line doesn't really matter, in AV's system they all get the same TOI.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
He has zero experience up here, games are too important now. I can understand why AV wants to play Carcillo instead of Miller.

Besides, Brass and Zucc couldn't get anything going with him.

Kreider didn't have experience either. I don't get it, I didn't think he was bad enough to have a 4th liner replace him. Reminds me of Torts' use of Boyle.

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
If Carcillo creates room for these guys this could be a pretty damn smart move. I really like the idea of him with Nash because with some space (which he never gets because he's swarmed every game), Nash is deadly. Carcillo has played physical and responsible since he's been here. I like it!

Cake or Death

If Carcillo creates room for these guys this could be a pretty damn smart move. I really like the idea of him with Nash because with some space (which he never gets because he's swarmed every game), Nash is deadly. Carcillo has played physical and responsible since he's been here. I like it!

I'm oddly okay with it, as well. Sometimes it isn't about having a line 2 guy on line 2 per se, but putting a piece where it effectively fits. It definitely spreads the scoring, speed, checking, defensive play over all four lines and makes the team kind of annoying to match up against.

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
Miller didn't look good at all and for a callup his compete wasn't acceptable. He deserves to be benched and good on av for doing it.

Sather is the rangers biggest enemy. Carcillo on the top line isn't av being stupid it's sather failing to build a farm. If the rangers had the Detroit injuries they would be out of it.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
I'm oddly okay with it, as well. Sometimes it isn't about having a line 2 guy on line 2 per se, but putting a piece where it effectively fits. It definitely spreads the scoring, speed, checking, defensive play over all four lines and makes the team kind of annoying to match up against.

Our roster is set up weird because everyone we play on the left is a good skater and is questionable in other areas. Hagelin, Kreider and Pouliot all kind of fill the same role on their lines. I'd also think of Carcillo, Miller and Dorsett as energy-y forecheck-y players, so the Carcillo move is weird even as a one game low stakes tryout thing.

It might have more to do with Nash than Carcillo; maybe we want to get him more engaged physically, or maybe there's a weird "Carcillo always goes to this part of the ice" thing that we wouldn't pick up on without looking for it.

Cake or Death

Our roster is set up weird because everyone we play on the left is a good skater and is questionable in other areas. Hagelin, Kreider and Pouliot all kind of fill the same role on their lines. I'd also think of Carcillo, Miller and Dorsett as energy-y forecheck-y players, so the Carcillo move is weird even as a one game low stakes tryout thing.

It might have more to do with Nash than Carcillo; maybe we want to get him more engaged physically, or maybe there's a weird "Carcillo always goes to this part of the ice" thing that we wouldn't pick up on without looking for it.

Well, I always thought a decent enough formula was like the old video game Ice Hockey, with a line containing one of each player. The fat dude representing your banger/net front guy, the skinny guy your talented finesse player, and the in between sized guy being your well balanced player. I'm a simple man and I would ice this line...

ice+hockey+team.jpg

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
With Kreider out, Carcillo is probably the best guy we have to create the type of room Nash needs, enabling Nash to buttskate through at least 2 defenders, a tacostand and at least 2 highways, before turning onto goal, in Toronto.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I dont have a problem with the lineup. With CK out that line need someone who can forecheck and try and create space for Nash. I like Miller and feel he has had some good shifts the last 2 games BUT eh has also had some defensive lapses too which is expected froma young player. I think next year he will be more ready

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
I don't get why Nash needs to have someone to get him space. A player of Nash's caliber shouldn't need that.

Every time Nash is on the ice I keep imagining playing through a random videogame at hardcore with 1 hp left. Its almost as if he thinks he's hit that his career is going to be over. So timid, must turn ass towards play

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I really can't stand playing players that have no business being in the top 9 in the top 9. Reeks of zero depth. Why can't we call up Fast? AV trusted him before.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
This is a terrible decision...and I've been happy with the way Carcillo played. A decision like this will just cause line shuffling late in the game because you know if we're losing or trying to hold a lead Carcillo won't be out there with the top guys so now everything gets thrown off.

Garv23

Jan 27, 2007
Rockland, NY
Throw out all the stats, xbox and on paper crap. Some things just work. Simple as that. Nash gets run, double teamed and focused on every game. I'm not making excuses, but if a guy like Carcillo can create havoc, there is the possibility we can see Nash at his best. It's an outside the box experiment I'm glad to see the Rangers give a shot. I'm excited.

Hell, look at the peanut butter cup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad