Post-Game Talk: Rangers v. Bruins - Game 2 PGT

Kershaw

Stars who get the big bucks are PAID to come through. The first 2 games of this series have been sub-par for Henrik, and he is developing a habit of throwing his teammates under the bus. Not a positive development.

Where have you heard that he is throwing teammates under the bus? Or is this baseless speculation to run him out of town. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
So you're asking a goaltender to put on one of the best, if not the best goaltending clinics of all time? JS Giguere's run was an anomaly and really few goalies in history of NHL can put inferior teams like that on their backs. Goalie is a position which relies heavily on the team in front and the Rangers run a system where they constantly get hemmed in their own end. Lundqvist has been the team's best player in all games except for game 2 and the masses are large against him. Even Tim Thomas in his Conn Smythe year played like a sieve against the Lightning, but his offense was their to help bail him out. The Rangers aren't built to do that, so his mistakes get magnified.

Fair enough on the offense point, yes I agree the offense has to be there to bail him out. All I'm saying is that for the Rangers to win any game, let alone a series, Henrik has to be on his A game. I'm fully aware that goaltending is a position which relies heavily on the team in front of the netminder (as I said in my post, I'm a goalie) I know it all to well from personal experience. And I know all the mistakes get magnified, that's an issue of the system, the margin of error is razor thin, however that's the situation we're in here.

All I'm saying is that we need Henrik to be his absolute best to even have a chance. If he's at his best we are a very hard team to beat. I don't expect Henrik to replicate Giguere's performance, I was more speaking of it as a point of reference for greatness and a goaltender elevating his game.

Unfortunate as it may be, the way this team is constructed, success beings and ends with Lundqvist. He's consistently carried the Rangers his entire career, it would be amazing if he could put on a Giguere like display. Silence every critic, put to bed the dumb assumption that he is a playoff choker and stuff. I want for him very badly to put on an amazing performance every night in the playoffs and go on a Giguere-like run if not for us fans, but for himself. That's the type of stuff legends are made of.

ltrangerfan

Jul 24, 2010
IMO the Rangers are a bubble team with an average defensive corp (maybe slightly better?) with below average forward/center scoring supported by an elite goalie.

Without a PP, without the ability to kill penalties, the team might win a round or two but is going nowhere.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Worked just fine against wash?! Plz

The PP has been an abomination for years now (including pre-torts).

I do love the arguement that Bos won a Stanley Cup w out one tho. Ahh the truly pathetic cry of the exception that proves the rule. Prob is... Bos was the exception... Why do we want to be the exception too... Just a few years later.

Agree that stupidity has been their downfall... And it hasn't been any more painfully obvious than on the PP.
Me thinks you read it wrong

Thanks for pointing that out for him :)

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Totally agree. I have no idea why, with Boston playing 3 ROOKIE DMEN, we are not forechecking a lot harder! It makes no sense at all. I'm not sure if its Torts or the players...but to me we seemed to forecheck a lot better and more often against Washington. If we werent afraid to forecheck them with all their weapons, I dont get what the issue is against Boston.

Two of those three are very good with the puck and one of them would be our best at beating pressure.

topcat986*

Bostons rookie Dmen or untested d aka lacl of playoff experience are showing mobility and it is a pleasant surprise for me as Julien is usually such a conservative D first coach.

NYRANGERAMI*

Wheres the Game 3 thread...Get it up..whats done is done...Rangers once again with their backs against the wall, come back to win this series. Lets go, the team is pumped the fans are pumped, time to take 2 at home. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad