Post-Game Talk: Rangers v. Bruins - Game 2 PGT

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Lundqvist, Girardi and Del Zotto were brutal and let us down today. The rest of the team played a good first 40 and fell apart after the 2nd. This series isn't over, but we Henrik needs to be better and that's the end of it.

Girardi was a -5. And the PP, despite being better, is now 2 for 36. It's not even funny anymore, it's just sad.

Kershaw

Team did not play as bad as score indicates. I saw more signs of dominant puck possession for large stretches of the game. The series is not over yet in my opinion. Yeah it looks bad now.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It's just... I mean, what the ****? For real though.

Ugliest game we've seen from this team in the defensive zone in a very long time. I mean, what the **** were they doing all game!? It was ridiculous.

I really wanted a split in Boston because (even before the series I was thinking this) I think there is no way the Rangers take both on home ice. I don't have the confidence in this team at all right now... and I haven't in some time.

That series win against Washington buys Torts some more time, but holy **** Hank is going to have to be perfect the rest of the way for the Rangers to have the slightest chance.

Anyone still think that Dan Girardi is this teams best defensemen? Is there anyone out there who still doesn't think Marc Staal is the integral piece in this teams D corps?

C'mon, now.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
Again down 0-2.
Lets hope for a turn around because team didnt play bad but need to improve if we want to take 4 out of next 6 games.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Love how our big forwards step up (Callahan and Nash) yet literally everyone else falls apart.

Especially the D.

**** the D.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
They need to do what they did in the 1st and second periods, remove the mental errors, and even this series up at the Garden.

Do it.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Mostly watched Sweden crush Switzerland for the WCH gold, but from what I saw the Rangers played well. Unfortunately the final score doesn't reflect that. :(

Vinster

May 2, 2005
What a terrible effort by a poorly coached team. You cannot win in the playoffs without a power play and some emotion.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but, truthfully, I didn't expect the Rangers to get really far. Yeah, yeah, anything can happen in the playoffs..but we are talking about Torts, Sully, dump and chase, playing safe here.

Last season, most people on here said our PP did us in in the postseason. For crying out loud, I'd offer both my nipples for that very same PP now (17.8>5.2).

Coming back from 2 series being down 0-2?

Look at the bright side, guys, this is the beginning of the end for Torts. Next season, I expect the Rangers to **** the bed for a bit which will make Torts and Sully get the pink slip.

I Am Chariot

One shift at a time
Mar 19, 2006
Bad game, move on. Hopefully the team doesn't show the same mental fortitude of some of the residents here.

Lol. I think from the couch we can agree they need play harder, tougher and more physical. Hope they see it the same way from the bench. Looks pretty obvious.

IBleedNYRBlue

May 24, 2011
New Jersey
Hank, Girardi, Del Zotto all brutal.

Not even commenting on Richards anymore because im done with him and it's a forgone conclusion he sucks.

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
Boston was primed to be beaten today but DZ, Girardi and Lundqvist let the team down big time. I expect each of them to accept blame for this after the game and apologize to the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad