Rangers Unveil Stadium Series Jersey

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
What the actual f***?

So bad.

It's like they made these terrible on purpose so people would stop hating on the thirds (turds).

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

OthmannOut

Jan 29, 2019
I like them. Nowhere near their best alternates, but I think they will look nice in action.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
I always liked the ones worn against NJ and the icelanders at Yankee Stadium. I would say they should go back to those but you can't start selling them again like the NHL wants.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
1706300814261.png

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Maybe its so people who are sitting in the upper deck in the endzone can read the letters?
A few weeks ago Kenny Albert was saying how great this years alternate jerseys are from a broadcasting perspective because you can see the numbers very clear. Makes it easy to PBP.

Reactions: haveandare

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
It ain’t a hoody - the model is wearing a hoody underneath the jersey maybe to look all ghetto and shit. Probs why they shot the series in a subway.

Dude should be throwing up a gang sign and have a spliff hanging out his mouth to give it some legitimacy….

Reactions: 007

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's very different for the Rangers, so I really like it.

Every look they've gone with, even the liberty jerseys, are buttoned up looks for jerseys.

This is the first time they've done something, including the 3rd jersey, that strays from that.

I will be getting one, probably a Kreider since I could reasonably wear it as long as I desire.

Reactions: 007

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Definitely pushing "Look, these jerseys are great for riding the subway" vibe.
LMAO. The subway. An NYC embarrasment. Can't believe they're actually trying to market it.

The entire MTA is a dumpster fire that should be thrown into receivership, and the subway is a literal toilet where the trains can't run on time or stay on the tracks.

Why not just pose in front of the Empire State Building or something?

This whole campaign for these jerseys is laughably bad. It's like they hired the Knicks marketing team, the Islanders' concept artists, and let a team of second graders draw the finished product.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
These are actually my favourite alternatives since the heritage jerseys. The thing the two have in common is an actual cohesive aesthetic, a design ethos:

-The heritage jerseys have a "retro" look (even though "retro" harks back to an imaginary past, kind of like Ralph Lauren clothes);

-With these, they've simply blown up the classic jerseys, which gives them a streetwear look. Simple idea that works because they kept the usual Rangers font, stripes, and colours, just made them huge. (The irony is not lost on me that these jerseys are going to be worn in the suburbs.)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't get the big goofy numbers and lettering. Baseball and football teams play every game in "muh big stadium" and don't have goofy lettering.

Reactions: TopShelfSnipes

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I don't get the big goofy numbers and lettering. Baseball and football teams play every game in "muh big stadium" and don't have goofy lettering.
True, but they also have pretty static positions so you kind of know who’s who based on where they are at any given time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad