Speculation: Rangers Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Does Jensen make the lineup? He played great for Denmark and could prob play pretty solid if he gets a shot, but he is waiver eligible, which means he must stay in the lineup because someone will definitely pick him up. I would like to see him fully replace Glass and play w/ gerbe/lindberg with fast.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Does Jensen make the lineup? He played great for Denmark and could prob play pretty solid if he gets a shot, but he is waiver eligible, which means he must stay in the lineup because someone will definitely pick him up. I would like to see him fully replace Glass and play w/ gerbe/lindberg with fast.

Heres the problem with Jensen...

He is already 23 years old and has gotten extended looks in the AHL and brief stints in the NHL and has never really shown much on the small sheet since he was drafted

Jensen has one of those skill sets and attributes that SHINE on international ice, but dont translate well to the smaller sheet of ice because he skates the game faster than he can think it

Hell, guys like Mikael Granlund from Minnesota are all stars in the olympics and world tournaments but is pretty vanilla in the NHL. Is Granlund a nice piece? Sure, a 45ish pt forward in the NHL but a top point producer on the big ice

I do think if waived someone would take a shot on him like Richard Panik when Tampa waived him and Toronto claimed him and then flipped him to Chicago.

There is definitely promise if he can find his role and another team has the right spot for him (if we are talking he hits waivers)

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Heres the problem with Jensen...

He is already 23 years old and has gotten extended looks in the AHL and brief stints in the NHL and has never really shown much on the small sheet since he was drafted

Jensen has one of those skill sets and attributes that SHINE on international ice, but dont translate well to the smaller sheet of ice because he skates the game faster than he can think it

Hell, guys like Mikael Granlund from Minnesota are all stars in the olympics and world tournaments but is pretty vanilla in the NHL. Is Granlund a nice piece? Sure, a 45ish pt forward in the NHL but a top point producer on the big ice

I do think if waived someone would take a shot on him like Richard Panik when Tampa waived him and Toronto claimed him and then flipped him to Chicago.

There is definitely promise if he can find his role and another team has the right spot for him (if we are talking he hits waivers)

He had a pretty decent 2nd half of the season with a bad Hartford team 41 GP 15 G

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I think he's got to show that he can play a 4th line game to make the Rangers.

As someone already said, he's a very good big ice hockey player. Classic case of a guy that's just skilled enough and wants to play a certain way that doesn't translate into an NHL role.

IMO he'll go to Europe and be star over there.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

shouldn't be this on the rangers board?

We do not need a second Tanner Glass thread in the trade board

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA

Take this to the NYR page wrong place for this thread.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
and I do think you are a Ranger fan...

.....and I do think you're one too.

So why would losing Jensen be such a concern to you? He's known more as an offensive guy and not so much as a checker. So far he's proven himself to be an above average AHL forward. Last year 19 goals and 37 points in 68 games. The AHL is low scoring but it's not like he set the world on fire. Today we signed Josh Jooris who would fill a checking/defensive role for us. It's going to be a bit harder for either him or Hrivik to make it but IMO Hrivik is the more rounded player--a player who can play a role.

......any case every year players go down at the end of training camp---very, very few of them are claimed. I would suspect if Jensen gets sent down again he will pass through waivers. He's not a really hot commodity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad