Eklund Rumor: Rangers to trade for Shattenkirk?

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
As soon as I saw Gorton's post trade quotes when he said "This can allow us to take on a bigger contract" I immediately figured he would be targeting Shattenkirk.

something around Nash or Kreider.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I think this prediction he may actually technically get right.... but then again majority of us knew that Shattenkirk to NYR has always been one of the most likely destinations

Kreider will be heading to St Louis

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
If they trade for him one of Girardi or Staal MUST be traded/more likely bought out before the expansion draft, to be able to resign Shattenkirk and keep him. I'd offer him 6.75x7.
Shatty in NY needs to happen, a guy like him fits like a glove in every aspect, so I wouldn't mind to trade for him now to make sure it happens, even if we could acquire him for free in one year. But they have to follow the right steps.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...kirk-e4--Best-1-ever--Buzzcast-at-130/1/78237

Says yesterday's trade was a precursor for a trade with St. Louis for Shattenkirk...thoughts?

Regardless of my thoughts on Eklund as a source, to me this just seems like he is putting obvious pieces together.

We lost Yandle. We have an abundance of bottom 6 C's in our system and Hayes doesn't need to be stuck on the third line.

Hayes + for Shattenkirk would be my guess.

Right..

The poster is saying that if St. Louis would have accepted Zibby for Shattenkirk, he'd have preferred that deal over Brassard.

Ah. Misunderstood.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Regardless of my thoughts on Eklund as a source, to me this just seems like he is putting obvious pieces together.

We lost Yandle. We have an abundance of bottom 6 C's in our system and Hayes doesn't need to be stuck on the third line.

Is the + worth more than Hayes? We have no interest in him and it looks like he is a winger long-term. He sucks at faceoffs, and his production is lacking.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007

Ah. Misunderstood.

Maybe for an unextended Shattenkirk.. but sounds like St. Louis wants to trade him to a team with an agreement in place to maximize value. In that case, I can't see Hayes cutting it as the major piece.

kb

Aug 28, 2009

Missing a few pluses....

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Is the + worth more than Hayes? We have no interest in him and it looks like he is a winger long-term. He sucks at faceoffs, and his production is lacking.

ya Id be extremely mad for Blues if the main player coming back is Hayes... its gotta be a lot better than Hayes +.... unless like you say if the + is actually better than Hayes

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Shattenkirk has 1 year left and is going to be after a monster deal. I think you are getting ahead of yourself if you expect a tremendous return. Hayes is young, big, skilled and will be a top 6 player. Our entire team had a down year. He was no exception.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What are Blues fans thinking a extended Shattenkirk return from NYR would be? Kreider and????

For some reason id be thrilled for Blues fans if they acquired Kreider

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Maybe for an unextended Shattenkirk.. but sounds like St. Louis wants to trade him to a team with an agreement in place to maximize value. In that case, I can't see Hayes cutting it as the major piece.

Of course that is what St. Louis wants. Doesn't mean they will get it. I am strictly talking about for Shattenkirk as is. No extension. I don't think Hayes with a + would be bad value.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Shattenkirk to the Rangers is something that has been rumored/discussed/speculated on all summer long. Be interesting to see if this has any legs or is Eklund picking up scraps from earlier in the summer.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Shattenkirk to the Rangers is something that has been rumored/discussed/speculated on all summer long. Be interesting to see if this has any legs or is Eklund picking up scraps from earlier in the summer.

I think Eklund is taking Gortons quote from yesterday and running with what has already been speculated.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Of course that is what St. Louis wants. Doesn't mean they will get it. I am strictly talking about for Shattenkirk as is. No extension. I don't think Hayes with a + would be bad value.

For an unextended Shatty, I think that is fair. I think the + would be around a 2nd/3rd in value.

I just don't see them trading him without an extension in place and as long as Shatty is open to it, I think that can happen. Otherwise, they may just opt to keep him for another run.. I don't think gaining a Hayes is as pivotal to them as it may be for other teams so not sure that persuades them to not risk him walking.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Stop talking about an extended Shattenkirk. If you resign him you'll for sure keep him.
For a trade he has rental value, the extension would be our thing and it's irrelevant for the trade value.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Blues wont be trading Shattenkirk unless there is an extension in place. Army would be out of his mind trading him away without that extension cause the return would be significantly smaller. He knows what hes doing.... he will maximize this and end up getting a huge return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad