News Article: Rangers to play Islanders in Stadium Series - Feb 18th

redwhiteandblue

Apr 1, 2013
Last time I went to the Islanders/Rangers at Yankee stadium froze my ass off, my knees were literally locked in place from sitting, did not enjoy it. Yankee stadium also ran out of coffee and hot cocoa. Was like WTF? We left early.

Rather save my money for a game at MSG, still debating about buying another 10 game package or not.
This is where I'm at. Haven't done it yet but was going to this year. Still a little jaded with the ending tbh, and I feel like honestly this year is going to be a waste unless some things happen.

Reactions: Leonardo87

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
The first few were cool but yeah I don't get the appeal anymore presonally. They must do good in the ratings though for the NHL to keep scheduling them.
The sponsors love the event and pay the NHL a ridiculous amount of money to slap their name on the logo. I worked for NFCU for 3 years and this game was bigger than the superbowl for them in terms of ad and brand exposure.

Reactions: NYR94

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Last time I went to the Islanders/Rangers at Yankee stadium froze my ass off, my knees were literally locked in place from sitting, did not enjoy it. Yankee stadium also ran out of coffee and hot cocoa. Was like WTF? We left early.

Rather save my money for a game at MSG, still debating about buying another 10 game package or not.
that was the game where you could hear Doc shivering on the call. it must've been awful

Reactions: Leonardo87

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It was fun but definitely feels over diluted at this point. I've been to two of them and both were fun (at baseball Stadiums).

Metlife is just not an exciting venue so I'll probably pass.

I'm honestly more excited and interested in going to the Seattle Winter Classic.

Will Devils/Flyers really sell out Giants Stadium?
Rangers /Isles could.....
Philly is so close to NJ, absolutely will.

Reactions: nyrmetros

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Makes sense for the Devils get an outdoor game closer to home.

They are a rising team that is the best in the metro area, so makes sense for them to play at Metlife than some other arena further from home for most NJD fans.

Heck, it's closer to me since I'm on the shore and I'd peek at tix for this.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Makes sense for the Devils get an outdoor game closer to home.

They are a rising team that is the best in the metro area, so makes sense for them to play at Metlife than some other arena further from home for most NJD fans.

Heck, it's closer to me since I'm on the shore and I'd peek at tix for this.

giphy.gif

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
Sight lines are terrible at these things. I went to the last 3, I’m not gonna attend this and freeze my balls off again

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It’s worth it to go if you can, go with a group, tailgate in the parking lot. It’s more having fun with friends and family instead of the game, but you will have a good time.

The Rangers Devils game was so cold, and got delayed because of the sun, but it was a blast. The Rangers running Brodeur was great, singing the goal song without it even being played with just the fans singing it is awesome.

With the Rangers playing on the 18th, it should be a day game, which is also helpful.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Some are saying they've lost their "appeal"? How could that possibly be? Might have lost it's impact or originality, but not appeal. HUGE college football type attendance, great TV sky cameras and let's not forget that it seems to be the closest thing to being at a game, without actually being there that you can get. At least that's my sentiment.
I think the NHL has done great with this, nearly perfected it (ice etc.) The weather is the only thing that can improve or destroy the actual game.

Oh yeah and btw, the PLAYERS love it. We should continue to, as well.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
If they get Collective Soul, I may actually go then, lol.

you can probably get Collective Soul to come play your BBQ this weekend.

My friends cover band just opened for them at a free concert in some town park down in south Carolina.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad