Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Matt Hunwick (D) 1 year @ $600k

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Either him or Kostka will be in Hartford. Pack is gonna be goooood.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Disgusting. Fine for the Pack, but I hope we stay healthy enough so that this dumpster fire never wears Blue.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Putting it as plainly as I can, Matt Hunwick is the worst hockey player I have ever seen. I hope all your predictions are true and he remains in the AHL, for your sake.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Was expected to play himself into the top four in Col a few years back. Was soon known as Matt Bumwick. . Watched him a bit and he was a turnover machine.

Still a very good signing for the pack, just don't expect him to do anything in the NHL.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Putting it as plainly as I can, Matt Hunwick is the worst hockey player I have ever seen. I hope all your predictions are true and he remains in the AHL, for your sake.

He won't crack the lineup unless there are injuries. Even then, he still has Kostka, Allen, and McIlrath to contend with.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

Bickel is the worst hockey player I've had the displeasure of watching

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He won't crack the lineup unless there are injuries. Even then, he still has Kostka, Allen, and McIlrath to contend with.

And AV to contend with as well. One reason I like AV over Torts is AV doesn't just throw guys in the lineup because they have a pulse and keep them there: Bickell, Mitchell, Asham, Gilroy for awhile. Jesus Christmas.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
yeah, it better be. $600k must be his salary for playing in the NHL? otherwise even still seems like a questionable way of spending ones money.

What I find interesting about this signing is he is actually a great fit for AV's system with his playing style. The quality just isn't there. Sadly I think he could have been a decent NHL player but for the awul coaching of Sacco. He ruined him.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
By reading various posts from around the forums we now have the worst player in the league, two different times.

It's either Hunwick or Glass. Are they tied?

Great move for the Pack, as everyone is saying. We'd have to be REAL unlucky with injuries for him to sniff the Rangers lineup.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Very pleased to see the continued additions for the Pack. The backline and the goalies were woefully inadequate last year. They signed DGM and Lenevue (too late to save the season), but the blueline was still bad (especially after Allen started to tire). That won't be the case this year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Just for the record, Hunwick is a pretty decent D. Not on par with say a Diaz, who is above avg even for a top 4 D in some areas but weaker in other areas. I don't think Hunwick has the same potential. But he is a sharp good hockeyplayer. Perfectly decent depth signing.

NYRCSKA*

I was drinking a beer when I read this. My beer is on the wall. I haven't laughed this hard in a few days lmfao.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
By reading various posts from around the forums we now have the worst player in the league, two different times.

It's either Hunwick or Glass. Are they tied?

Great move for the Pack, as everyone is saying. We'd have to be REAL unlucky with injuries for him to sniff the Rangers lineup.

I would rather have Rick Nash playing D than Hunwick. He is not a good Dman. He had one okey year in Boston 5 years ago. Thats it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad