News Article: Rangers sign Louis Domingue

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
This also gives the Rangers flexibility to trade Halak at the deadline for assets if he plays well in the backup role. Considering what Drury was able to get for Georgiev days before he would have become a FA anyway it's not the worse strategy in the world.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
So Halak/Domingue as our backups

Someone tell me again why we didn’t re-sign Kinkaid? He’s a local guy and seemed great to be around

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Let the conspiracies fly!

Wow I actually like this. That's who I would've signed.

WTF did we sign Halak?

Because Halak is better and more proven and reliable than Domingue?

This also gives the Rangers flexibility to trade Halak at the deadline for assets if he plays well in the backup role. Considering what Drury was able to get for Georgiev days before he would have become a FA anyway it's not the worse strategy in the world.

I don't get that. We didn't sign Halak to trade him. We signed him to be a reliable backup and start games. We're a playoff team. We're going to need Halak.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
Wow I actually like this. That's who I would've signed.

WTF did we sign Halak?

Because Domingue sucks. He's not an NHL-level goaltender. At best, he's a #3 goalie.

So Halak/Domingue as our backups

Someone tell me again why we didn’t re-sign Kinkaid? He’s a local guy and seemed great to be around

Because Kinkaid also sucks, and based on his performance in Hartford last year, might not even be a capable #3 goalie anymore.

Any goalie you get for this position is going to suck on some level, otherwise they would have an NHL job. Domingue can be the veteran in Hartford and would likely perform better in an emergency callup than Garand or Lindbom. But we should all be hoping he never puts on an NYR jersey.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I hope Garand doesn't lose too many games to Louis but good vet signing for HFD. We need the young team to get to the playoffs and have a go at the Calder Cup too. Would pay dividends on prospect development.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Long play for Domingue. Let in a softy to get us back in the series and a deep playoff run knowing he would sign in the offseason for a better contender than Pitt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad