Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Jonny Brodzinski [2Y/.7625M AAV]

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Good AAAA player. He can skate and can surprise you with the occasional shot or play.

He'll play in Hartford without complaint and not hurt you in the occasional call-up. Nothing wrong with this, and you need quality AHL vets. Greco fills a similar role and looks like he could even add to a 4th line with his work ethic.

Obviously, we don't know much about these guys in the locker room and off the ice, but if they're patient guys who understand the game well, those are the guys you want around your prospects, encouraging them and getting through tough times. Brodz seems like a decent guy from the interviews I've seen of him over the years.

Reactions: eco's bones

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
This is one of the ways the Rangers need to flex their financial muscles. Creating a stable and competitive environment from the minors up to the NHL is hugely important. It will help develop young players better and giving great AHL vets these deals for good money helps draw interest from others.

Too much turnover through the Gorton years. It made for a bad team in Hartford feeding a bad team in the NHL. Not a good combo.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Is Gallant able to mold this guy into a top 6 player? A diamond in the rough that can use some spit polish?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Brodzinski is the most "Cop drama detective/partner" name I have ever heard
Beat Cop: Rooney, your partner's here!

Brodzinski: Whadda we got?

Rooney: Lacerations here. Here. And here. Looks professional.

Brodzinski: You thinking what I'm thinking?

Rooney: Yeah. Same guy. Let's go talk to Gettinger down at the DA's office. Think we got enough now for a warrant.

Dum dum.

I'll show myself out.

Last edited:

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
This is one of the ways the Rangers need to flex their financial muscles. Creating a stable and competitive environment from the minors up to the NHL is hugely important. It will help develop young players better and giving great AHL vets these deals for good money helps draw interest from others.

Too much turnover through the Gorton years. It made for a bad team in Hartford feeding a bad team in the NHL. Not a good combo.

agree in principal but this seems like threading a needle to field a consistently winning org while prioritizing development and keeping roster spots open for kids / being able to fill holes year over year. i dont follow the ahl close enough to know if there are any orgs that are a model for this. do think we should absolutely be flexing our muscles in terms of any and all player resources. just find you definitely need to have a core group of vets to win in the ahl - tough to balance vets vs kids when your draft picks feeding in are gonna ebb and flow over nhl teams cycle of acquiring picks and rebuilding and then typically moving quite a few in the ensuing years. add in the roster disruption with covid / practice squad and its gotta be a nightmare to manage an ahl roster. long story short i agree but i have no idea what a model template would even look like that could achieve that consistently from a roster perspective - im tits on a bull with ideas here. but all in on throwing dolans money at anything and everything that can benefit individual players.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Beat Cop: Rooney, your partner's here!

Brodzinski: Whadda we got?

Rooney: Lacerations here. Here. And here. Looks professional.

Brodzinski: You thinking what I'm thinking?

Rooney: Yeah. Same guy. Let's go talk to Gettinger down at the DA's office. Think we got enough now for a warrant.

Dum dum.

I'll show myself out.

Gotta swing by Greco in evidence real quick, but I think this is enough to go to police chief Gerard Gallant with. Might even get Detective McKegg on the case.

Reactions: will1066

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad