Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign Jonny Brodzinski [2Y/.7625M AAV]

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
One of the rare AHL vets that didn't quit after being waived in like the past 15 years. Good for him, and obviously they like him as captain.

Hartford also on track to go back to the AHL Playoffs for the first time since the 2014-2015 season.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
why not?
all my time on these boards, ongoing complaints NYR hadn't signed the right, the right kind, of AAAA players
he leads and produces at AHL, and not overmatched during the occasional call-up
i don't see any downside

I could be wrong, but i think the "But Why?" is in relation to the AAV in the OP. Which is an absurd overpay for an AHLer

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

why not?
all my time on these boards, ongoing complaints NYR hadn't signed the right, the right kind, of AAAA players
he leads and produces at AHL, and not overmatched during the occasional call-up
i don't see any downside

I could be wrong, but i think the "But Why?" is in relation to the AAV in the OP. Which is an absurd overpay for an AHLer

aah - was wondering where the cost was coming from, hadn't noticed in subject
but that's definitely not true ($2.5 AAV)
and even at 1.25 or 1.125, as long as its a 2-way contract, it doesn't mean much

the only way he earns much of it at all, is if many many F's become unavailable, in which case IR exceptions will fit it in

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Exact definition of an AAAA player. Dominant in the AHL as a PPG superstar yet completely unnoticeable every time we’ve seen him in the NHL

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Exact definition of an AAAA player. Dominant in the AHL as a PPG superstar yet completely unnoticeable every time we’ve seen him in the NHL

Because he's an offensive minded player. He isn't gonna do much for you with 8 ES minutes at this level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad