Rumor: Rangers Sign Dawson Leedahl to 3 year ELC

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
21GP, 11G, 12A with 30 PIM and +10.

I know he is an overager, but as someone else said, seeing players perform in the play-offs is always an added bonus.

Worst case scenario, we have 2 Ranger prospects in the Mem this year (Gropp, Day). If Regina wins, we will have 3.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Any reports on how well Leedahl performed in PDC? I didn't see his name mentioned in any reports, but he was on the PDC roster. Leslie didn't mention him in her post-PDC recap, and I want to know! Did he even play? Anyone?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Any reports on how well Leedahl performed in PDC? I didn't see his name mentioned in any reports, but he was on the PDC roster. Leslie didn't mention him in her post-PDC recap, and I want to know! Did he even play? Anyone?

I believe there was some video of Drury talking about him. But I can't find. Lots of help, I know...

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

He wore 92 and if you go back and look at the clips he's out with Chytil--#41 quite a bit.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
He wore 92 and if you go back and look at the clips he's out with Chytil--#41 quite a bit.

Wish I could find some prolonged clips of our PDC. The only videos I can find are snippets. You know, the Rangers used to put extended clips of PDC on youtube. Now, they don't use their youtube channel for anything. Their last upload was 16 months ago. :shakehead

Couldn't find any Drury videos or commentary on Leedahl at all. I'm going to guess he was ordinary, or worse (hopefully not)...otherwise, someone would have reported on him.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wish I could find some prolonged clips of our PDC. The only videos I can find are snippets. You know, the Rangers used to put extended clips of PDC on youtube. Now, they don't use their youtube channel for anything. Their last upload was 16 months ago. :shakehead

Couldn't find any Drury videos or commentary on Leedahl at all. I'm going to guess he was ordinary, or worse (hopefully not)...otherwise, someone would have reported on him.

Other than a few isolated tweets from Leslie Treff, I don't recall anything much being posted about anyone other than Chytil and Andersson. Most of the guys there went completely unmentioned. Maybe check Leslie's Twitter and see if she posted anything?

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
A Slats kind of guy.

I'd say he's an AV guy, too. AV probably doesn't care that he can and will fight, but I guarantee he appreciates his defensive responsibility, two-way game, and PK ability.

For sure, Leedahl is likely not a high ceiling player...but to me his decent size, grit, leadership, and overall game may translate well to Pro NA hockey. I really think we have a shot at seeing this guy within the next couple of years playing LW on our Fourth Line.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
the likely end of the line for this thread ....

this are really CBA questions, not Leedahl questions ...
screenshots are from CapFriendly

(1) he is 10.2(c) because he played no games at AHL/NHL level last season, just 2 in ECHL?

(2) so is this as simple as he wasn't Qualified, so he is UFA?
the 10.2(c) status would only have meant that, if QO'd, he was not eligible for Offer Sheet?

upload_2020-10-8_11-56-38.png

What is a restricted free agent (RFA)?

A player becomes a free agent when their contract expires on July 1 after the last League Year of their contract. If the player does not meet the UFA requirements (see above), they become a restricted free agent (RFA) if their club issues them a qualifying offer and they have met the following requirements:
Group 2 Restricted Free Agent Requirements
First SPC Signing AgeProfessional experience required
18-213
22-232
24+1
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
If the player does not meet the required years of professional experience, they will instead become a 10.2(c) player (see below).
If the player does not receive a qualifying offer by June 25th at 5:00pm ET, they immediately become a UFA.
An RFA is eligible to negotiate and sign a contract with any club. If the player signs a contract with any club other than the club that holds their rights, the contract is known as an Offer Sheet, and the signing club must possess the required compensatory draft picks. For more information on Offer Sheets, please see our Offer Sheet Calculator and Offer Sheet FAQ pages.
Depending on the RFAs entry-level signing age and years of professional experience, the player may be eligible for arbitration. For more information on arbitration, please see our Arbitration Calculator and Arbitration Filings pages.
What is a 10.2(c) player?

A player becomes a free agent when their contract expires on July 1 after the last League Year of their contract. A player who does not meet the UFA requirements or the Group 2 RFA requirements displayed in the table above, and has been issued a qualifying offer, is designated a 10.2(c) player. The player is only eligible to negotiate and sign a contract with the club that holds their signing rights. They are ineligible to negotiate a contract (offer sheet) with any other club. They are also ineligible for arbitration. If the player does not receive a qualifying offer by June 25th at 5:00pm ET, they immediately become a UFA.

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
As I said, Ryan Callahan style of play. I compared Gropp to Benn earlier this week but I want to point out when I make these comparisons, I talk about style, NOT talent or possible upside.

Leedahl is a gritty kid who doesn't shy away from the physical aspect of the game, while providing leadership as well. Will never be a typical sniper or goal-scorer but in a year or two, who knows what he might bring.

Low risk signing and I love that the Rangers are looking at the WHL. I think personally, signing Leedahl will have something to do with Zboro. The two players, aside from Hart (goalie) and Juulsen (defense) on the Tips team 2 seasons ago, were definitely Leedahl and Bajkov (Still draft eligible)

If he was better, he would be named Dawson Leednhl (I'll show myself out now)
Strong is the force with that one! Lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad