Confirmed with Link: Rangers Sign D: Jarred Tinordi

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Didn't know he was nominated for the Masterdon trophy.

Nashville Post;
Only one player in Nashville Predators’ history has ever won the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy — Steve Sullivan in 2009. Defenseman Jarred Tinordi has a strong case to be the second.
The award is named after former Minnesota North Stars player Bill Masterton, who is the only player in NHL history to die directly from game-related injuries. The Masterton Trophy is given annually to the player who best represents perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to the game of hockey.
Considering what the award represents, it seems there is perhaps no better player on the Nashville Predators roster to be the team’s 2020 nominee than Tinordi, who was chosen by the Nashville chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers’ Association (PHWA) on Tuesday as the Predators team nominee.
"I didn't see myself being nominated for too many awards in the NHL," Tinordi said, according to the team’s website. "But to be recognized for something like that; there's lots of guys in the league going through a bunch of different things, so it's an honor."

Reactions: egelband

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
This is a whatever signing because he's low in the depth chart and 100% able to be buried, but it's still annoying that management thinks it needs to sign players like him.

Like, congrats, but why? I get that he punches Tom Wilson's face well, but that's literally it.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
This is a whatever signing because he's low in the depth chart and 100% able to be buried, but it's still annoying that management thinks it needs to sign players like him.

Like, congrats, but why? I get that he punches Tom Wilson's face well, but that's literally it.

Boston just signed Forbert. Most teams around us would never even consider to ice a team that is as soft as ours with Goodrow dressed and Tinordi as a 7th D.

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Don't forget Matt Martin too lol

NYI have Johnstone, Martin, Lee, Czesikas and Clutterback that can stand up well for themselves and their teammates. Same with Boston and Washington basically. We will only have Goodrow who ever has stood up for his teammates with some regularity.

Boston and Washington really took advantage of that last season. Someone like Lindgren made a clean hit, they chased him hard. Someone like Laf was chippy to start the year. That went away really fast. It’s not fun to have 5-6 guys who are pretty fierce chasing you hard and all your teammates does is skating to the bench looking down at the ice.

I get the whole argument for why goons’ role in the game today have diminished and all we have to do is look around the league and see what direction things are heading in. BUT, this does not apply to our division. This do not apply to our team that is the youngest in the league or at least among the youngest.

We are in by far the toughest division with the youngest team and teams are taking advantage of us. To be honest, if someone don’t see that we can use some additional toughness, I am not super impressed with their IQ level…

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
NYI have Johnstone, Martin, Lee, Czesikas and Clutterback that can stand up well for themselves and their teammates. Same with Boston and Washington basically. We will only have Goodrow who ever has stood up for his teammates with some regularity.

Boston and Washington really took advantage of that last season. Someone like Lindgren made a clean hit, they chased him hard. Someone like Laf was chippy to start the year. That went away really fast. It’s not fun to have 5-6 guys who are pretty fierce chasing you hard and all your teammates does is skating to the bench looking down at the ice.

I get the whole argument for why goons’ role in the game today have diminished and all we have to do is look around the league and see what direction things are heading in. BUT, this does not apply to our division. This do not apply to our team that is the youngest in the league or at least among the youngest.

We are in by far the toughest division with the youngest team and teams are taking advantage of us. To be honest, if someone don’t see that we can use some additional toughness, I am not super impressed with their IQ level…
Just go get the Gallant brothers in the AHL , Alex and Brett ...both long time pugilists and cousins of the new coach . Send both out in a game against the Caps....it will be entertaining for sure . Brett Gallant might have the best right hand in the business . They won't be in many Skill competitions LMAO....those two guys simply love fighting . There are tons of their scraps available via Google .

Reactions: egelband and Ola

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY

Why? Because additional depth is always good. There also may come a time against certain teams that they could use a little extra muscle in the line up. He’s also seen as a quality vet presence so he’d only be an asset in Hartford with our young defensive prospects. His contract can be completely buried. I see literally zero downside in this move.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Kinda cool because I'm old enough to remember his dad as good DMan on the North Stars and Caps (two trips to the SCF) who started his career with the Rangers and was traded by Esposito for Igor Liba aka Enver Lisin 1.0

Reactions: Ola and leetch99

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Just go get the Gallant brothers in the AHL , Alex and Brett ...both long time pugilists and cousins of the new coach . Send both out in a game against the Caps....it will be entertaining for sure . Brett Gallant might have the best right hand in the business . They won't be in many Skill competitions LMAO....those two guys simply love fighting . There are tons of their scraps available via Google .

They’re not NHL material but both of them are as tough as they come. Neither is huge but they can chop down bigger guys no problem. I’ve been watching them for years and Brett did play a few games with the Islanders.

Reactions: leetch99

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
We just need a couple of guys to play him out in a game...they don't and likely won't hurt him...just play him out .
Yep. He’s not hard to distract. We just never had the guys who would bother doing that. Maybe now we can play that kind of game too.

Reactions: leetch99 and Ola

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

You're confusing tough players who can play hockey with guys who are just tough. All the Islanders you mentioned except for Johnston are valuable assets who take regular shifts and are very effective.

Do you believe Tinordi belongs in that group?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You're confusing tough players who can play hockey with guys who are just tough. All the Islanders you mentioned except for Johnston are valuable assets who take regular shifts and are very effective.

Do you believe Tinordi belongs in that group?

Boston gave Forbert 3 years at 3 AAV. He is basically nothing but a goon.

Washington beefed up their physicality in the organization by bringing in McIlrath. Will probably mostly play in the AHL of course, but Chara may not be back and Dillion won’t be, and I think they wanted more physical capital if needed. Islanders has all kind of muscle, still dress and play someone like Johnston.

Why do Boston, NYI and Washington do this? We are coming out of a rebuild with the youngest team in the league. How about providing them with ONE guy that can go toe to toe with the tougher guys on the team around us? Goodrow aren’t that.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada

Washington beefed up their physicality in the organization by bringing in McIlrath. Will probably mostly play in the AHL of course, but Chara may not be back and Dillion won’t be, and I think they wanted more physical capital if needed. Islanders has all kind of muscle, still dress and play someone like Johnston.

Why do Boston, NYI and Washington do this? We are coming out of a rebuild with the youngest team in the league. How about providing them with ONE guy that can go toe to toe with the tougher guys on the team around us? Goodrow aren’t that.
That's why I suggested the Gallant brothers . Sign them and keep them in the AHL until we need them....likely would not hurt our cap at minimum pay . They are definitely not NHL quality but they also would know their roles when the bench door opened and they lined up beside Wilson . They would not have to be told twice . They would wear him and the Undertaker out . Alex would almost KILL to be in an NHL game especially since brother Brett has already done it . LOL....forget the two points.....put on the Forbie Kennedy last game in the NHL show . They would not be scared of Ross the Boss either...they all played on the same junior club before they advanced and all trained by the same retired boxer .

Reactions: Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
That's why I suggested the Gallant brothers . Sign them and keep them in the AHL until we need them....likely would not hurt our cap at minimum pay . They are definitely not NHL quality but they also would know their roles when the bench door opened and they lined up beside Wilson . They would not have to be told twice . They would wear him and the Undertaker out . Alex would almost KILL to be in an NHL game especially since brother Brett has already done it . LOL....forget the two points.....put on the Forbie Kennedy last game in the NHL show . They would not be scared of Ross the Boss either...they all played on the same junior club before they advanced and all trained by the same retired boxer .

You got my vote for AGM!

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
You got my vote for AGM!
Personally I think we should just have hung onto McIlrath after he was initially here . Not sure why he had to be shipped out of the organization . Surely he never commanded too much money ??? He settled the Wayne Simmonds score....I always wondered why he was not kept around .

Reactions: Ola

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

NYI - Johnston is a goon.

Bos - According to stats I found, Tinordi has been in 20 fights while Forbert has been in 5 in about the same amount of seasons. Not sure that's accurate, but if it is....

Wash- McIlrath won't be on Washington. If he is, they're headed out of the playoffs.

Last edited:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Personally I think we should just have hung onto McIlrath after he was initially here . Not sure why he had to be shipped out of the organization . Surely he never commanded too much money ??? He settled the Wayne Simmonds score....I always wondered why he was not kept around .

Yeah, problem was probably that we had a bunch of guys like Staal, Klein, Girardi and co who weren’t wiz’s at moving the puck. McD also. Just think that AV really wanted a lot more puck moving ability than he had even without McI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad