Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Brandon Scanlin to ELC

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Scanlin chose the Rangers over the Canucks.

The Rangers started his ELC this season.

When we trade for Miller we can include him now since they wanted Schneider for being bigger and more physical than our other prospects..

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

Lotta Gs on the extended list, could sign a guy to be behind Huska, Garand. if NYR dont sign Lindbom, let Kinkaid walk, don't QO Wall and let Boyko return to Jr

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Can we make him Swedish and thus more exotic by pronouncing it Scan-leen, like Dah-leen.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If his contract starts this year, does this mean he will get a game or 2 down the stretch once they clinch, or will he go straight to Hartford?
I doubt he gets any games in the NHL this year. I've got to think he's behind at least Jones and Robertson right now, and Robertson hasn't gotten a sniff yet. But if he impresses in Hartford, maybe.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If his contract starts this year, does this mean he will get a game or 2 down the stretch once they clinch, or will he go straight to Hartford?

His ELC won't be slide eligible and they won't burn a year. He will play in Hartford on an ATO this season and then start his pro career on July 1st (or whenever the f*** the season starts with these delays)

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
His ELC won't be slide eligible and they won't burn a year. He will play in Hartford on an ATO this season and then start his pro career on July 1st (or whenever the f*** the season starts with these delays)
That was my assumption as well but as it was pointed out to me, Capfriendly has his deal beginning this year.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That was my assumption as well but as it was pointed out to me, Capfriendly has his deal beginning this year.

If they do, it was part of the negotiations like with Jones. And that usually means other teams were in on him and this is a way to "get it over the line".

Flyers did this years ago with Vecchione.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
If they do, it was part of the negotiations like with Jones. And that usually means other teams were in on him and this is a way to "get it over the line".

Flyers did this years ago with Vecchione.
Right. And the reports are that teams were interested in him as early as last season, so I'm sure after his strong campaign there were probably several offers on the table.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth

"Standing at 6-foot-4, 213 pounds, Scanlin’s frame alone projects well for his future. He creates offense, especially on the power play, his vision is a plus and he uses his size to his advantage. He’s smart, mobile and positionally sound as well, but there’s one other intangible that stands out. He leads by example and brings a work ethic to the rink that is unrivaled."

Rangers management salivating at the thought of a potential Scanlin/Schneider 3rd pairing in the future.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Good signing, it's always nice to have players that choose/want to be here (or elsewhere).
The scouting reports I've seen on Scanlin mention 'poise', 'responsible in defensive end', and how his game has continued to evolve. One article I saw said 'there's a gap in his teeth but none in his game.'
How his game translates to the NHL (skating) is the only thing that appears to be the main thing as of now, but the same could be true of any prospect.
If it was up to me, I wouldn't rush him and would prefer he spends some time in Hartford so he could adjust and get acclimated to a busier schedule than NCAA, game speed, and especially playing time.
One way I see it, is that signing Scanlin kinda equals the 4th rd pick in the Vatrano trade except that he's older and could possibly help out sooner than later.
And not to derail this by any means, a poster brought up a great point in the roster thread about other players in the system and their future. I wonder if calling some of them up in the coming weeks might be worth it in terms of draft day trades or trying to make offseason moves for those that could be lost on waivers or simply good kids that the Rangers don't have a spot for going forward.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
thank you

Hopefully no, instead Jones.
Nils has best D shot on team + mo upside, Robertson has size w/mobility.

You think Nils has the best D shot? Hmmm tbh I haven't thought about this much, but he does get it through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad