Confirmed with Link: Rangers Select Richard Nejezchleb (RW - WHL) with 122nd Overall Pick

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
He's already 20. He can't have that much upside can he?

That's what they said about Palat ;).

He's had injury problems for three straight years. No surprise he kept getting passed over.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
His last name literally translates to "Don't eat bread" aaaand he plays for the Wheat Kings. :laugh:

There was a player whose actual name was Wheaton King, and he played for the Brandon Wheat Kings

But by far the best player name in all of sports has to be England rugby player Billy Twelvetrees, who due to the position he plays, has to wear #12

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
There was a player whose actual name was Wheaton King, and he played for the Brandon Wheat Kings

But by far the best player name in all of sports has to be England rugby player Billy Twelvetrees, who due to the position he plays, has to wear #12

Billy would get along well with Red Sox prospect Forrestt Allday.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I don't think they envision him as a scorer at the next level. More like a bottom six guy who will be a great pest but still be able to put up some points. I figured we'd take at least one overager in the draft and he's a good one to take.

He has a great shot, though. The skill is there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah I can see him at his best scoring 20 Goals per season but with some great other qualities

That'd be a home run.

More likely is 10-15 along with solid 3rd line play, IMO.

He has a great shot, though. The skill is there.

Yeah, but his skating is going to make him a 3rd liner. I'm pretty sure the brass sees him as such, too. I do love the pick, but I don't think he's going to be a top six dude.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I don't think they envision him as a scorer at the next level. More like a bottom six guy who will be a great pest but still be able to put up some points. I figured we'd take at least one overager in the draft and he's a good one to take.

Have you actually seen him play or are you just totally pulling this out of left field based on his draft position?

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
That'd be a home run.

More likely is 10-15 along with solid 3rd line play, IMO.

Yeah, but his skating is going to make him a 3rd liner. I'm pretty sure the brass sees him as such, too. I do love the pick, but I don't think he's going to be a top six dude.

How many times have you seen him? Is he a pest like you mentioned or a guy who just plays physical, and is wiling to go to those tough areas of the ice?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Have you actually seen him play or are you just totally pulling this out of left field based on his draft position?

How many times have you seen him? Is he a pest like you mentioned or a guy who just plays physical, and is wiling to go to those tough areas of the ice?

If I hadn't seen him play I wouldn't have commented about his play. See the Russian goalie thread (I haven't seen Nanne or Walcott, either).

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If I hadn't seen him play I wouldn't have commented about his play. See the Russian goalie thread (I haven't seen Nanne or Walcott, either).

Cool - hopefully a couple of these guys will make the NHL at some point. Thanks.

It's just quite tiring at times to hear some first hand thoughts and strong opinions from people who read a one paragraph description.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Cool - hopefully a couple of these guys will make the NHL at some point. Thanks.

It's just quite tiring at times to hear some first hand thoughts and strong opinions from people who read a one paragraph description.

FWIW, I would say that I haven't even seen the guys I have seen this year as much as I have in the past. Just to caution.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Great pick guys. I've been a big fan of his for a long time.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/

#20 - Richard Nejezchleb - Brandon Wheat Kings - RW - L - 6'2 - 210

Nejezchleb is a big strong forward from the Czech Republic. This will be the third time through the draft for him. He was passed over for a second time last year after his first year in North America, suffering injuries and only playing in 35 games. Nejezchleb is a powerful and fast skater who likes to be involved in the offensive side of the game, taking the puck to the net and creating off the cycle. He's got an extremely hard shot and isn't afraid to bang bodies to create space for linemates. Suffers a bit from tunnel vision but has the skills to produce and be effective as a pro player.

Top End NHL Potential: 3rd line forward

Pick Prediction: 4th round

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Good numbers, good size, edge to his game, and at 20 he can help us soon. By far my favorite pick.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Great pick guys. I've been a big fan of his for a long time.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/

I like he's always around the net and looks good with the puck. quick shooter. what I was worried about watching the previously posted highlights was that he wasn't a good skater so it is comforting someone who has watched him calls him a good skater. for a fourth round pick, seems quite solid.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC

Agreed, not a bad pick. I would have gone with either Dysin Mayo or Oskar Lindblom.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I want to see this guy and Shestyorkin make the NHL just to f--k with the game announcers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad