Confirmed with Link: Rangers Select Richard Nejezchleb (RW - WHL) with 122nd Overall Pick

mti79

May 11, 2007
So I like to pick a prospect or 2 and decide they're my favorite for absolutely no reason. I'm usually wrong but I think this kid is going on the list. He'll replace my inaugural choice Jesper Fast once he graduates to the NHL. I still hold out hope for Josh Nicholls and I have no idea why.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Is it pretty "technically speaking"? No, probably not. But he's fast and has a powerful stride.

I wouldn't say he's fast or has a powerful stride. He has average top end speed with a pretty weak / choppy stride. I don't think he makes the most out of his movement since there is a lot of wasted effort in his skating. The thing is, though, that can be fixed.

I do like the rest of his game. If he was a better skater, he probably would have went earlier.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I don't think they envision him as a scorer at the next level. More like a bottom six guy who will be a great pest but still be able to put up some points. I figured we'd take at least one overager in the draft and he's a good one to take.

I would let him go back for his overage year of junior and see if he can dominate and work on skating.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
If you trick him into saying his name backward, does he return to the 5th Dimension?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad