Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres (4/19/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Rangers can't play lethargic at times like they did yesterday. They have to take this game as a Game 7.

Why?

Buffalo loses and they are out. They're going to bring it. Rangers better not be caught flatfooted.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
By the way, u spelled Rangers wrong in op Crease. Just letting you know brothaman.

Woof, its going to be that kind of day for me. A friend of mine is in town for the week and we managed to not get home from the bar until 4am this morning. My alarm for work went off at 6am. :laugh:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Big game here. 4 point swing.

We win here, and we keep Buffalo out of the playoffs and increase our chances to stay in.

Need goals like we had last night, but need a better effort.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Rangers can essentially eliminate the Sabres from playoff contention tonight. Both teams are going to know this. The Sabres are rested. The Rangers need to be prepared for an absolute battle tonight. This is a team that has won three straight games, they're not quitting.

Score early, and grind the **** out of them for 60.

LGR. Need these points to make Saturday a little more comfortable

JeremyNYR

Feb 1, 2012
I'm here in Buffalo behind enemy lines. My father and I will be at the game in hostile territory rooting on Henrik and the boys to a big victory!

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Actually, a regulation win tonight will eliminate the Sabres. They'll have 3 games left and 44 points (13 ROW) while the Rangers would have 50 points (and plenty more ROW).

It will also eliminate the Flyers

I'm here in Buffalo behind enemy lines. My father and I will be at the game in hostile territory rooting on Henrik and the boys to a big victory!

I've been to over five (can't remember the exact number) Rangers v. Sabres games in Buffalo. Generally a good experience. There was one game where I had **** thrown at me (which is fine by me, but my ex who was with me at the time [and a Sabres fan] was LIVID). And my seats were about 10 rows from the ice, not even up top with the scoundrels :laugh:

Generally a "solid" Rangers contingent there, maybe anywhere from 10-15%. Might be more hostile tonight if the Sabres lose since that will eliminate them. But FNC is a solid arena, and you should have a great night. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

RoyalDuder

Dec 26, 2011
NY
I'll be at the game tonight with my roommate and a couple Sabres fans. I love nothing more than entering enemy territory and leaving with a win. :yo:

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
Hank is gonna be tired from last night, thats for sure. He was underrated last night, kept us in it.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
No time to rest Hank now. Hopefully the man got a good night's sleep today.

Sabres are just bringing it. Their roster on paper sucks, but they're playing really hard. Rangers can't be complacent like they were yesterday through the first 40. Florida sucks. That's why the final score was 6-1.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He's the only one, year in year out.

This game could very well be our last loss of the season. Either this game or one of the Devils games. 4-1 from here on out.

Yessir. From here on out 56 points is the magic number. Well, 57 since WPG owns the tie-breaker. This at least until WPG loses a game (if they ever do) :laugh:

Bardof425*

No time to rest Hank now. Hopefully the man got a good night's sleep today.

Sabres are just bringing it. Their roster on paper sucks, but they're playing really hard. Rangers can't be complacent like they were yesterday through the first 40. Florida sucks. That's why the final score was 6-1.

I watched that Sabre/Bruin game the other night. Boston dominated them for long stretches and Miller played great. They looked like an AHL team at times; then they got lucky to get the tie. If we play well, we will win. If we play tentatively they have enough fire power to make us pay but we should dominate 5 on 5.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Hank is gonna be tired from last night, thats for sure. He was underrated last night, kept us in it.

Hank was named first star wasn't he? :) His contributions can't be rated high enough when we let that many shots in on our goal. Need a lot more push in the defensive zone this time around.

Obviously a must win, here's hoping the players with the flow has a good day again. Brass, Zucc, Nash and Stephan.

Richard showed signs of greatness the last 5 yesterday, let's hope it wasn't a fluke, we need players to capitalize on the great passes the rangers manage to get through

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille