Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Sabres 3/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Why acquire Sheppard if he's not going to play for us?

Do injuries never happen in the play-offs?

It would be irresponsible not to have good spares for a team with contender pretensions. Ideally they would've acquired another NHL level D and F. I don't think the cap allowed them to.

Injuries should be expected in a sport like hockey. It's a team's own damn fault if they're not prepared to win after losing a few players.

Never.

This is how I expect the Rangers to play.

I knew them winning games 6-5 and 5-4 wasn't going to last. The Rangers are stacked on D and in goal but leave a lot to be desired on offense.

3rd in NHL in GPG. 1st in ES differential. How about the 27 teams below us in scoring?

If the PP didn't slide all the way down to 20 they'd be scoring more goals. It's actually remarkable how good the offense is with a below average PP. That's where other teams get a big boost in scoring.

Arniel needs to make systemic adjustments. Other than a huge shot from the point, the other parts are here. They need to really stress shooting to the players. Threaten with loss of PP time if necessary.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
E0q5smL.jpg

This picture is so hilarious to me because if you asked me who were my favorite NON RANGERS prior to the SIGNING BRAD RICHARDS I would've said in this order:

Rick Nash
Brad Richards
Martin St. Louis
Keith Yandle
Dan Boyle

It's insane that all of my favorite non Rangers have become key Rangers at this point.

Literally the only way it could be better for me would be if we got Ovechkin and Malkin to become Rangers. Insane.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Rangers will put up 3 in the playoffs. Stepan is slumping and Nash hasn't scored a real goal in a while.

There's no way the PP stays this bad with Yandle, either.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
There is a first for everything, last night was the first time I saw this team play but felt that the game wasn't interesting because we were so dominating lol.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
We have a 77% CF against the Sabres...........and McDonagh was even in attempts, and Girardi was +1.

Let me put that in perspective, Tanner Glass was a PLUS 13 IN CORSI EVENTS.

How the ****??

Just for the record, a second tier team in Sweden with a budget of around 2-3m USD could make us work harder for a point than we did last night, or could, they would.

It's not about talent, Buffalo isn't built to compete and they aren't trying that hard either. I actually didn't follow the game that closely, but it seems like G and McD took a little harder matchup?

fredrikstad

Jan 4, 2011
Norway
So Skapski is the first "rookie" to win back to back games against the same opponent since 1994 wasn't it ? In any case, great work :D

Beside the fact that it was 94, was that for the team NYR or for the NHL over all?

Huge congratulations to Skapski, the kid is a pleasure to watch.

Is there other Places to read about contracts after capgeek been disclosed?
How many years is it before Hanks contract is done? Is Skapski Young enogh to be "The Prince"?

This is the first time in NYR history that three separate goalies have recorded a shutout in the same season.

Wow
What is the team record then? Are they 12 so far?
Hank 5?
Cam 6?
Skap 1

WE have 3 goalies with a shutout.... Impressive.

Yeah
Just try to imagine how huge this is for Skapski. He most be frozen in his spine ;)

2 Points is 2 Points, take them and dont look back. Buffalo played a decent game and we hit the iron 3 times. Glad they managed to score in the end to get the win. And very happy Yandle got the goal, will be good for his confidence going forward.

Skapski was really good, he made some very nice saves, esp in the first two periods.
Just wow! And 3 Ranger goaltenders with shutouts this season is fantastic!

Others has mentioned it in some other threads, but the Rangers have some decisions to make about their goaltending this summer. Trading Talbot must be considered at least. But on the other hand I think they want to see some more games from Skapski to see what they have in him. But today Skaski looked really comfortable out there. Way to go kid, keep it up!! :)

At Skapsi`s age, wouldn`t it be best to have him playing a lot in te AHL, rather than sit most of the games behind Hank? A 20-21 year old goalie need playtime to develop,no?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Great to see MSL with two points. I think he is itching out of his skin right now to score pts and a lot of them. We had the Zucc situation the game before this, but tonight did anyone after Kreider made that real dumb play in the 1st (ha passed to puck to a D on the blueline that wasn't there) MSL skated by him on the ice during game plan and said something and Kreider clearly stopped playing and looked up and pointed at himself and same "me?" I wonder what MSL said to him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am real happy for Skapski and what an amazing story, but guys come on he wasn't "great" last night. He had nothing to do. Nothing. Not for a goalie playing in the NHL.

If you are evaluating Skapski, disregard his play in the NHL this year. There are probably 400 goalies in the world who would have recorded a SO last night. ;)

Awsome experience and great for his confidence and what not, but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad