Confirmed with Link: Rangers - Sabres (11/21/14 - GAME POSTPONED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
“@stevezipay: Last #NYR game postponed due to weather? Jan. 10, 1998 against the Canadiens in Montreal. The rescheduled game was on March 12.â€

Was this due to a crazy ice storm? I think I remember that, and being a lot more bummed about the postponement than I am today because I was a selfish, 16 year old kid.

Sometimes there are more important things than hockey. Scary stuff in Buffalo.

Seriously, this is nuts. And this thread is the first I'm hearing about the warmth/rain in the extended forecast. **** man.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I'm curious when the last time a game was postponed in November due to weather.

And Buffalo's going to be in a heap of trouble with all the water from the melted snow due to the upcoming warmth.

vladmyir111

Mar 27, 2007
Sometimes there are more important things than hockey. Scary stuff in Buffalo.

it's snow, it's not scary unless you live in the third world relax. though when you include planes and other modes of travel it's obvious that safety comes first.

AHB*

There was a game last season (I forget which one) that was rescheduled almost 3-4 months later, so who knows when it will be rescheduled.

Last season was an olympic year also. With the condensed schedules its much more difficult to find suitable dates. This really shouldn't be an issue to make up, plus it's not like we're talking about a cross-country flight.

Glad the boys aren't flying and would rather have them stay put and avoid that disaster for now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
It is a good thing that the game is postponed. There is zero sense in putting anyone at risk. On a more selfish note I would have had to miss this game so it works in my favor.

TheTimTamSlammerMan

Jul 29, 2011
Long Island
wintry_weather-10.jpg

That looks like blood.

goobcat

Feb 23, 2014
Think last season it was hurricanes and sabres who had their game cancelled i think due to weather

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I guess a positive is that we will hopefully have McD back in time for the makeup game. Then again we might have someone else hurt by then also.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
I guess a positive is that we will hopefully have McD back in time for the makeup game. Then again we might have someone else hurt by then also.

If there's a team in the league we can afford to lose McD for, it's the Sabres

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
New York Rangers ‏@NYRangers 32s32 seconds ago

OFFICIAL: The #NYR vs Sabres game initially scheduled for November 21, 2014, will be held on Friday, February 20, 2015 at 7:00 p.m.

here ya go, folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad