Pre-Game Talk: Rangers @ Red Wings 3/12 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Kind of implies to me that if Brassard is ready to go tomorrow, Hayes will be the scratch. Hope that's just me being a pessimist and wrong.

Love that Staal and Nash are together.

Hmm, I actually looked at this and took Glass being moved to the RW on the 4th line as a sign that when all healthy he will be the scratch.

If he were going to stick in the lineup, would've AV have Glass stay as 4LW and move Lindberg out of position to 4RW?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hmm, I actually looked at this and took Glass being moved to the RW on the 4th line as a sign that when all healthy he will be the scratch.

If he were going to stick in the lineup, would've AV have Glass stay as 4LW and move Lindberg out of position to 4RW?

Not sure. What other situations has Glass played at RW? He does play LW at least 98% of the time, if not 100%

Without Brassard...hard to tell.

Goddammit Rangers, stay healthy for once!!!!!

I love being so deep at forward.

It's a good problem to have.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
It's not exactly what I wanted. I truly wish they went with someone better offensively than Stalberg there, but as long as Nash and Staal are together, I'll try not to complain too much :naughty:

I'd rather see Hayes in that spot and Stalberg with Moore, but I'm very high on Stalberg, I think he's a better even strength player than Hagelin in a similar role. He will only help that line generate off the cycle, he's a puck hound, can be the first man in, big body. With that line, he basically forces you to give time and space with the puck in the offensive zone either to Staal or Nash which is perfect.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Really want to see what AV does if Brass is ready to go. Seems like he's doubtful, but really, really want to see.

I bet AV is silently praying for someone to get injured so he doesn't have to pull Tanny out.

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
Really want to see what AV does if Brass is ready to go. Seems like he's doubtful, but really, really want to see.

I bet AV is silently praying for someone to get injured so he doesn't have to pull Tanny out.

Maybe he gave Brassard ricin

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
They're not deep enough to force Tanny out of the line-up. We must go deeper.
Even if the Rangers added the Sedin brothers, Crosby and Malkin without having to give anyone up, im sure that Glass would still have had a role on the team :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Hope the flu works it's way out of the team soon. I guess some "forced" rest isn't such a bad thing if it helps clear up some nagging injuries (if any are present). I think the flu would very much benefit Boyle and girardi ;)
Get them some rest if they are gonna be the rhd we rely on in the playoffs

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I dont see how lindberg isn't forced out of lineup once everyone is healthy. No way glass is coming out . I so hope I'm wrong

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I don't read that from this AT ALL.

Hayes is at 2C because if Brass can't go, Hayes SHOULD be playing center.

Agreed Hayes should be at center. Looks like av is set with staal being his number 3 center so make Hayes our fourth line center with Moore and lindberg flanking him. That wouldn't be so bad of a 4th line would it? I mean neither Moore or lindberg are snipers but that's a line I could see being skilled enough to have some good shifts with puck possession.
Also hope that third line maintains it's blue collar board play with Nash being put on it.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm curious... what does Nash look like when it comes to advanced stats? It seems like a pairing of him and Staal will just be dynamite.

Nash throughout his career has been an extremely good possession player.

Ideally for Nash, he starts to round into form with about 10 games left in the season and from there starts to get some bounces and his confidence will be high going into the playoffs.

I think the best care scenario is for him to have a monster game 1 of the playoffs. I think if that happens he will have a very productive playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad