Recalled/Assigned: Rangers recall Arron Asham, assign J.T. Miller to Hartford

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
shiny new toy, hes an agitator, hell he cant be that much worse than poo or pyatt right?

Don't you think if he was a capable nhl player who could fight he would already be in the nhl? Every team could use that skill set. The hawks certainly could.

He was traded in a clean swap for mashinter who is not an nhl player.

That should pretty much tell you everything about beach.

He's barely an ahl player in terms of skill right now. Can't even handle the puck properly when he is by himself.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Not worried about Miller and the yo-yo effect, he needs to stay down just so he can play. I think he'd stay up if some of these other guys were moved and he'd probably look ok.

Not upset about Asham, really like the guy.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Kreider Stepan Nash
MZA Richards Callahan
Beach Brassard Hagelin
Asham Boyle Dorsett

Mcdonagh Girardi
MDZ Stralman
Moore Mcilrath

Time to grow a set

i honestly dont mind this lineup. bottom 6 may not score but at least they can hit, thats more than the bottom 6 in the game against the devils could do. i also think mcilrath should get some sheltered 3rd pair minutes. he has potential to be a big nasty dman and its not like falk is ever going to amount to much.

Not a bad lineup at all... Not great, but definitely better than what we've been icing

I don't understand all the people wanting Beach called up. Have any of you even seen him play? Or is it just the fascination with anyone new?

I have seen him play, and he is not an nhl caliber player.

shiny new toy, hes an agitator, hell he cant be that much worse than poo or pyatt right?

I think it's purely because he is an agitator... That's perfect for the 4th line, we're not expecting goals from that offensive black hole anyway

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I think it's purely because he is an agitator... That's perfect for the 4th line, we're not expecting goals from that offensive black hole anyway

Its not about not providing offense. Its an inability to provide anything at all other than occasionally throwing a punch.

He cant play defense, he cant play in the neutral zone, he can barely pass the puck or stick handle.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
This is more window dressing. The bottom 3 option are all redundant. None of the options excel at any one part of the game. The larger issues remain.

CharlieCharleschuk

Nov 26, 2013
Last game Asham played in the bigs we lost 6-0 and he got nailed with an unsportsmanlike penalty for removing his helmet in a fight.

Can't wait to see if he's figured out the rules yet.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
teams that sell when so many teams are in it, can extricate a fortune at the deadline.

if this team doesnt suddenly become a juggernaut, i'm looking to offload some pieces and start somewhat a-new.

build around Stepan, Kreider, and Nash.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Does Asham have anything left? The Rangers are grasping at straws. This franchise is a joke. Tortorella had no use for Asham. Vigneault waived him in the second/third week of the season along with Biron. Asham is now back. He was hurt twice in the AHL.

Brooks is crying about Prust leaving for Montreal

In other words, everything the Rangers’ fourth line hasn’t been all year, even if the sidelined Derek Dorsett has tried to personify all of that with every fiber of his being. Arron Asham will attempt to add some weight after being recalled from the AHL on Monday as J.T. Miller was returned to the Wolf Pack after only two games back in New York.

Brian Boyle’s game has deteriorated to an extent that is difficult to watch. Benoit Pouliot has been a mistake machine. Taylor Pyatt has issues keeping up with the play. Dominic Moore has tried, but hasn’t been able to ignite a spark anywhere along the line.

And the Rangers as a team get outworked and pushed around, and not only by Boston. Seriously, when Michael Ryder and Reid Boucher both take shots at Marc Staal without fear of reprisal, there is something amiss and what’s amissing is in a Canadiens sweater.

http://nypost.com/2013/12/09/rangers-arent-the-same-since-brandon-prust-bolted/

When Celine Dion concussed Sauer two years ago. Did Prust go after him? In this league,players go after players for clean hits. Look at what happened to Orpik. Neil concussed Prusty's boy Boyle. Neil wasn't afraid of Prust doing anything to him.

Dorsett is another flyweight. Lucic could beat up Dorsett and Asham with one hand tied behind his back.

Boyle is terrible. Nice guy. Great teammate. He needs a change of scenery too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad