Prospect Info: Rangers Prospects Thread (Stats in Post #1; Updated 8.7.18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We often reference Chytil as a Top 5 pick in a redraft and/or Class 18 eligible.

Would Ronning be 3rd Round? Better?...Barron? Virta?

This comparison to Chytil comes only from the fact that he’s less than two weeks removed from being picked in 2018.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Man does ty Ronning have the best PR team in the business or what. Another fluff piece on him today in the Post. Amazing

Yeah I lol’ed at that too.

Hopefully the kid can become a monster physically and really skate eights around the opponents in the NHL. We be great for this org if that kid could come through and become a Jonathan Audy-Marchessault type of performer.

But he got a long way to go. However I also think that the PR not only is his own doing. Orts lifted him out too. Think they want to show the rest of the kids that it pays off to give it 200% of the ice. They have requested that all kids train in NY, those requests can’t be binding under the CBA.

Reactions: Ranger Ric

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Did I say it was a problem? I said very obviously tongue in cheek mind you that the kid is all over the place.

Let’s cry some more though just Incase I MIGHT have been mean to a 7th rounder.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Vince Lombardi
Or just a well adjusted grown up.

I have no problem with what Lias did at all but all these platitudes about how taking a loss gracefully is a sign of some personality flaw are pretty bad.

Reactions: Phnxldr

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Or just a well adjusted grown up.

I have no problem with what Lias did at all but all these platitudes about how taking a loss gracefully is a sign of some personality flaw are pretty bad.

Provided he doesn't do anything unethical what do you care how he reacts to losing?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Provided he doesn't do anything unethical what do you care how he reacts to losing?
I really don't care how he reacts at all, like I said.

I just think all these quotes in here about how taking loses in stride is a sign of weak character are silly. Plenty of people take loses in stride as learning opportunities and better themselves from them without being weak losers or whatever else Vince Lombardi thinks about them.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I really don't care how he reacts at all, like I said.

I just think all these quotes in here about how taking loses in stride is a sign of weak character are silly. Plenty of people take loses in stride as learning opportunities and better themselves from them without being weak losers or whatever else Vince Lombardi thinks about them.

They're mostly a response to quotes about how Lias isn't a leader because of it.

Reactions: Gresch04

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
They're mostly a response to quotes about how Lias isn't a leader because of it.
Ok. I still think they're pretty silly. People come with a lot of different personalities. Someone can take loses in stride and be a "winner" and a leader, and someone else can take loses in stride and be the opposite. Same for people who don't take losing well.

Lias is pretty clearly a natural leader, and seems to be the type who doesn't take losing well. That's good for NYR especially after the "aw shucks, we'll get em next time" attitude they've had as a team for the last few years. But he or someone else could taking losing quietly and also be a leader.

The idea that a pro can't take a loss in stride quietly is like a Hollywood cliche that sounds nice and simple but people aren't simple like that.

Reactions: Gresch04

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Ok. I still think they're pretty silly. People come with a lot of different personalities. Someone can take loses in stride and be a "winner" and a leader, and someone else can take loses in stride and be the opposite. Same for people who don't take losing well.

Lias is pretty clearly a natural leader, and seems to be the type who doesn't take losing well. That's good for NYR especially after the "aw shucks, we'll get em next time" attitude they've had as a team for the last few years. But he or someone else could taking losing quietly and also be a leader.

The idea that a pro can't take a loss in stride quietly is like a Hollywood cliche that sounds nice and simple but people aren't simple like that.

Fine but I don't see you calling out the people that think he can't be a leader because he disrespected the medal (where have I heard that argument before?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad